Printer not activated error -30, Normal fixes not working

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
luckky300

Printer not activated error -30, Normal fixes not working

Post by luckky300 »

Running version 5.0.1.1 We had the issues last year with this on Windows 8 but have since updated all the drivers on the installs and since then all of our installs on users machines have gone well. Today one end user received this error on a Windows 7 64 bit machine. I am familiar with the HKey fix and assigning permissions. We have triple checked they are correct and rebooted and reinstalled printers and software several times.

This user has both Quickbooks and Sage Accounting Software installed (Both use Amyuni Printers). One uses 3.0 and the other has 4.0. I deleted all the cdint files and removed those printers but the client is still having issues.

The printer is installed on the "NUL" port (even tried it on a "nul" port with no change).

I also tried "Start printing immediately" in the advanced tab under spooling and the normal setting of "Print directly to printer".

I did delete all the cdint files from the windows\system32 directory.

I was able to log in remotely to the user's machine so all of these settings have been verified by me.
luckky300

Re: Printer not activated error -30, Normal fixes not working

Post by luckky300 »

An additional note. It takes approximately 30 seconds for the error to pop up after the print command is sent. Could something else be blocking the printer from printing and the error pops only after the enable printer command expires (I think the default is 30 seconds)?

Thanks in advance for your help
luckky300

Post by luckky300 »

I now have a second install where this is occurring. Both of these users have an office network that sends all the files to their office server to be stored. Am I getting the activation error because I have the desktop license and they are sending the install files into their local server?
luckky300

Post by luckky300 »

Found the solution. The computers involved were older Celeron Processors and very slow. The computer was timing out before the print event could begin. Fix is upgrade really old and slow machines when creating very large PDF Files.
Alexandre
Amyuni Team

Post by Alexandre »

Yes, you get error -30 if it takes more than 20 sec between EnablePrinter and some action method, for example Print().
Get PDF Suite, the expert .NET developer toolkit for PDF conversion, creation and editing - www.amyuni.com/pdfsuite