Document.Print

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
angelo

Document.Print

Post by angelo »

Hi Amyuni,

I tried to use Document.Print and want to get return value to check that the printing job to printer run successfully, but it always return FALSE. Is this a bug?
This function is very important for us as we want to check if the printing run successfully or not.

When I read the documentation on Amyuni website, the return value is 0 and negative but when I did my coding, the return value must boolean. Is the documentation not updated?

FYI, I'm using trial version PDF Converter 5.0.0.9.
Jose
Amyuni Team

Re: Document.Print

Post by Jose »

Hello,

The return value of the Document.Print function is a Boolean. We will update our documentation in the next few days.

Thanks
Get PDF Suite, the expert .NET developer toolkit for PDF conversion, creation and editing - www.amyuni.com/pdfsuite
Jose
Amyuni Team

Re: Document.Print

Post by Jose »

Hello,

I need to clarify my last post. Our online documentation is right.

The ActiveX version The Print method does return a Boolean
boolean Print(BSTR PrinterName, long StartPage, long EndPage, long Copies)

The DLL version of the Print method returns an int.
int DocPrint(EXTDOCHANDLE edhDocument, LPCSTR szPrinterName, long lStartPage, long lEndPage, long lCopies)

The DLL version of the Print method will launch an exception if the developer doesn't have the professional version of the product. Otherwise it will return a negative value if an error occurs, 0 if it succeeds.

thanks
Get PDF Suite, the expert .NET developer toolkit for PDF conversion, creation and editing - www.amyuni.com/pdfsuite