Amyuni 5.0.0.7 and Unicode characters

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
aroncox

Amyuni 5.0.0.7 and Unicode characters

Post by aroncox »

Windows 7 64-bit and 32-bit
Amyuni PDF Suite Developer 5.0.0.7

I can't seem to get Unicode characters to display in my Amyuni created PDF. They display okay if I use something like CutePDF. I have these settings:

iole_amyuni_app.FileNameOptionsEx = idec_NoPrompt + idec_UseFileName + idec_MultiLingualSupport + idec_Embedfonts (1 + 2 + 128 + 16)

If I open the PDF it sometimes is blank where the text should be, or has round circles (I think it depends on the font the text is in, either Arial or Microsoft Sans Serif).

If I look at the font properties in Adobe Acrobat it shows MicrosoftSansSerif is embedded with an encoding of Ansi (I wonder if this is the problem?). I am creating and viewing the PDF on the same PC so the fonts should exists and they are display correctly in the application that is doing the PDF conversion.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Aron Cox
Trace Solutions,
London, Uk
Jose
Amyuni Team

Re: Amyuni 5.0.0.7 and Unicode characters

Post by Jose »

Hi Aron,

Can you please send your resulting PDF file to support@amyuni.com? We’ll post what we find with the document.

Thanks
Get PDF Suite, the expert .NET developer toolkit for PDF conversion, creation and editing - www.amyuni.com/pdfsuite
aroncox

Post by aroncox »

Ahah, in getting an email ready to send to you I found the solution. It appears there are two places to set the settings for printing a report to PDF: SetDocFileProps and FileNameOptionsEx. I was setting the correct options in FileNameOptionsEx but NOT in SetDocFileProps. (I ws calling SetDocFileProps then FileNameOptionsEx, so it looks like FileNameOptionsEx isn't doing anything?). Now I've got them both the same it's working. Sorry for the trouble.

Can anyone explain if there is any difference between these two settings? If I should use both or should use one over the other?

Thank you.
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hello,

Glad to read that you were able to narrow down the source of your issue. In reference to your questions, you can use either “SetDocFileProps” or “FileNameOptionsEx” but not both at the same time.

The SetDocFileProps method can be used in multi-threading situations to avoid conflicts between multiple applications or multiple threads requesting simultaneous access the Converter products. The CDIntf library uses the registry to interact with the printer drivers. This can cause conflicts when multiple applications use CDIntf to access the printer drivers.

The links below points to our online documentation that explains this in greater detail.

http://www.amyuni.com/WebHelp/Amyuni_Do ... eProps.htm

http://www.amyuni.com/WebHelp/Amyuni_Do ... s/Lock.htm
Get PDF Suite, the expert .NET developer toolkit for PDF conversion, creation and editing - www.amyuni.com/pdfsuite
aroncox

Post by aroncox »

Thank you very much for your help!