Windows 8 and latest Amyuni versions

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
albgio

Windows 8 and latest Amyuni versions

Post by albgio »

Hi,
I usually provide in my product's setup, version 4.5 of Amyuni. Some users with Windows 8 x64, using this version, when they do the very first print they get the error "System error. Code: 6. Handle is invalid"; however, the document is created. After this error, when they try to print another document, they get an initialization error and Amyuni PDF printer is not available anymore.
I supposed this was a compatibility problem due to Windows 8, so when version 5 became available, I installed it to these users. Just after the installation everything works, but when users reboot, they get a "printer not activated: -41" error; then I run installation again, and it works until next reboot...
I remember something like this when I updated from 3.x to 4.x...

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Gio
Jose
Amyuni Team

Re: Windows 8 and latest Amyuni versions

Post by Jose »

Hello,

The PDF Converter driver functions be reading and writing printer settings to and from the system registry. All users of the PDF Converter must have at least read/write privileges to the "HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software\<Printer Name>" and "HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software" keys in the registry. If the user does not have permissions to access these keys, the conversion process will fail and the "Printer not activated Error code -30” error message will get generated.

On your windows 8.1 PC can you please add and give the Everyone group full control to these keys.

This will be resolved in version v5.0.0.5 that should be released before the end of November.

Thanks
Get PDF Suite, the expert .NET developer toolkit for PDF conversion, creation and editing - www.amyuni.com/pdfsuite
albgio

Post by albgio »

Hi Jose,
do you have any news about release v5.0.0.5?
Thanks in advance
Giovanni
Aldus@Monitor

Post by Aldus@Monitor »

Hi again Jose!

We are also eagerly awaiting a fix to this problem! Any time-frame for the Release of 5.0.0.5?

Regards
Aldus@Monitor
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hello,

Version v5.0.0.7 (we skipped v5.0.0.5) is scheduled to be released in the next week to 10 days (mid December).

thanks
Get PDF Suite, the expert .NET developer toolkit for PDF conversion, creation and editing - www.amyuni.com/pdfsuite
albgio

Post by albgio »

Hi Jose,
I see version 5.0.0.7 was released December, 10th. Unfortunately, I knew it later from customers' login page, since product's page still refers to v5.0.0.3.
Can you please ensure me that this release finally solve this problem, since I can't test it on any Win8.1 machine?

Thank you.
Have a good day
Gio
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hi Gio,

Yes this update resolves this issue

Thanks