Error 1797

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
pdh

Error 1797

Post by pdh »

:? Using cdintf210 activex control with vfp 7.

When issuing the pdf initialisation ( pdf.pdfdriverinit('pdfprinter') ) error 1797 is returned.

The odd thing is it did work on two previous tests, only a few minutes earlier.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

The previous tests where on the same machine or on different machines?

Where you logging using the same login information to the machine?

Thanks.
pdh

Post by pdh »

On the same PC using the same login
pdh

Post by pdh »

:idea:
I've have done some more testing with the following results:

If I install a pdf printer using the supplied install program then I have no problem issuing the pdfdriverinit function (using a different printer name) this performs as it should creating and removing the printer as necessary.

Once I remove the pdf printer installed with the install program, the pdfdriverinit works once more then fails with the original error.

Hope this info is useful.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Are you calling EnablePrinter() right after your call to PDFDriverInit?

Are you calling PDFDriverInit once when launching your application and not each time you print?

Do you have all the files you received with the driver in the same folder as your application?

Too much questions I know, but the issue you are facing is not really common.

I guess it should be something related to your call of EnablePrinter.

If you are calling EnablePrinter right after PDFDriverInit, please check page 5 of "Common Driver Interface 210.pdf" for more details on using the new version 2.10

Hope this helps, if not please let us know or send an e-mail to support@amyuni.com
Tony

1797 printer error

Post by Tony »

I was having this same issue. I needed to register the Cdintf.dll and copy all the needed dll's to the win/syetem32...hope this helps :D
pdh

Post by pdh »

Thanks Tony, that works a treat
:D