PDF Converter 4.0.0.9 stopped working on Windows 7 64-bit

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
let98007

PDF Converter 4.0.0.9 stopped working on Windows 7 64-bit

Post by let98007 »

I am a Visual FoxPro developer and have 2 applications that use Amyuni PDF Converter 4.0.0.9. Both apps install the printer with application-specific names.

I am working on a major upgrade to one of these systems and am suddenly unable to test print functionality on my own system, a 64-bit machine running Windows 7. Documents from Microsoft Word automation to pdf do not produce an error but no document is created. Reports printed from VFP to PDF hang the system leaving a node in both Jobs and Locks in the Registry. I've experienced this problem at least once before and thought it was solved by copying a few additional .dll files into the directory. I suspect those may have been overwritten during multiple uninstall/reinstall attempts today and I am unable to locate them again.

Also, I find it odd that although I have 3 Amyuni PDF Printers installed (QuickBooks also has one), only 2 ever show up in Devices and Printers. The one that doesn't show up is the one I'm having problems with. The other works fine.

Any help would be most welcome. The client needs a minor fix to their production application and I can't release it until I can test PDF printing.

Thanks
Lynda
Jose
Amyuni Team

Re: PDF Converter 4.0.0.9 stopped working on Windows 7 64-bit

Post by Jose »

Hi Lynda,

Two things to check:

1. ensure on a 64-bit PC that the PDF printer is assigned to the NUL: port
2. change to "Print directly to the printer" under Printer properties | Advanced tab.

Thanks
Get PDF Suite, the expert .NET developer toolkit for PDF conversion, creation and editing - www.amyuni.com/pdfsuite
let98007

Re: PDF Converter 4.0.0.9 stopped working on Windows 7 64-bit

Post by let98007 »

Thanks for your input. This problem occurred when the PDF Converter hung while printing a report, causing information to be left in registry nodes. An attempted uninstall of the program did not execute cleanly. Even though reinstalls appeared to be successful, the PDF Converter did not function properly. This happens occasionally but not often enough that I remember how to fix it! It never happened in the 32-bit XP environment.