Invisible text in PDF

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
OysteinR

Invisible text in PDF

Post by OysteinR »

We have a lot of customers running our application where we use the Amyuni-driver to print to PDF.
But for this one customer the PDF-files have all text invisible.
The text is there and you can mark and copy it, and when pasted into notepad it's all there.
Images and grids in the reports will show up, only the actual text is affected. I've tested both using the font Arial and Calibri.

This happens to all reports printed on this machine using the driver.
I've tested printing the same report to PDF using Foxit and that worked fine.

The driver version is 4.0.1.2 and the customer is running 64-bit Windows 7 (German edition).

What could be the cause for this?
We've uninstalled and reinstalled the driver and it seems to be working correctly.

Edit:
If you edit the report to be printed and select a different color than black it will print. For some reason the driver prints black as white....

Edit2: Solution found!
Under Color management - Advanced - Device profile, the setting was changed to CMYK Fogra39.
Set it back to sRGB IEC61966 2.1 and it works.

Regards
Oystein Rambol
Support Consultant, Mamut AS
overlap

Re: Invisible text in PDF

Post by overlap »

Hello Oystein,

Same issue like you and others persons, I have posted again a thread yesterday...
Try your workaround 1 and 2 : same :-(

Do you have completly solve this issue with your edit2 ?

Regards,
Herve