Printing Web Pages: Web page Backgrounds

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
bhaskarhazarika

Printing Web Pages: Web page Backgrounds

Post by bhaskarhazarika »

Hello
I am trying to print a web page using Amyuni PDF Convertor. However, the page background color changes to the default white. Is there a way by which the Convertor retains the color background of the web page?
On a related issue (and a long shot!), can we set page breaks so that we can control how much is printed in each page?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Printing background is set from inside the browser.
If you are using Internet Explorer please click on Tools --> Advanced and set the 'Print background Images' under "Printing".

Concerning the page breakes, these in general are also set from the application you are using to view he document, but example if you are printing a Word Document, this is set from MS Word. I am not sure if you can set a page break from the browser, I don't think this is possible.

Have a nice day !
bhaskarhazarika

Thanks, but I have one more query!

Post by bhaskarhazarika »

Hi Joan
Thanks for your help. Figured out how to print backgrounds. But now I have another problem. Hyperlinks do not seem to work when printing from IE (V6.0). Any idea if I can get them to work?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Do the hyperlinks start with www. , http://, ect... If they do you can enable Hyperlinks' Conversion before printing the document.

If you have the End user version of the PDF Converter you can do this from the Advanced tab under Printer Properties.

If you have the Developer version you can add 1048576 (= 100000Hex) to your call of SetFileNameOptions if you are using the DLL interface; and FileNameOptionsEx if you are using the ActiveX interface.

Hope this helps.