Text not displaying on iPads/iPhones

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
brianpp

Text not displaying on iPads/iPhones

Post by brianpp »

I am running v4.5.2.9

When I generate a PDF file I can read it ok on PCs but on iPads/iPhones there is no text displayed. Any images and lines are displayed but no text.

This worked ok with v2.5.

Any ideas?
Rich

Re: Text not displaying on iPads/iPhones

Post by Rich »

The PDF documents produced by our products are not "Amyuni" specific PDF documents but rather they are PDF documents that adhere to the PDF specifications. In researching your comments, I found numerous posts related to the situation you described with other PDF vendors.

However, can you send us a sample PDF document that doesn’t render correctly in iOS? Please send it to support@amyuni.com and then we will take a closer look at this here and we’ll let you know what we find out.
Efficient and accurate conversion to PDF, XPS, PDF/A and more. Free trials at - http://www.amyuni.com
brianpp

Post by brianpp »

Thanks for the reply Rich

I got it working.

I added embed fonts to SetFileNameOptions. This was the same code that worked with v2.5 of the driver so not sure if some default behaviour has changed but it works now

Thanks
Brian
overlap

Post by overlap »

Hello,

I have the same issue that Brianpp : invisible text from ipad or iPhone whereas it works fine from a Samsung s3 or a Windows PC :-(
And it works too from a AMYUNI PDF converter version 2.5 on Windows 2003 server
But I don't have understood the last Brianpp's workaround.

I have AMYUNI PDF converter version 4.0.0.8 on Windows 2008 R2 installed through a CEGID application.

Thanks for your helps.
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hello,

It appears that you are using a version of the PDF Converter that came bundled within an application. In your case you mentioned the CEGID application.

Unfortunately enabling the font embedding options through the SetFileNameOptions() is not exposed to user of the third party applications. This can only be sent by the developer of the third party application.

Thanks
Get PDF Suite, the expert .NET developer toolkit for PDF conversion, creation and editing - www.amyuni.com/pdfsuite