PDF Converter 3 and Windows 8

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
rblythe

PDF Converter 3 and Windows 8

Post by rblythe »

Has anyone been able to use PDF Converter 3 with Windows 8 yet? I've been using version 3.03e with Windows 7 both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. I'm trying to test it with Windows 8 and it appears to install, but I am getting the 'Printer not activated, error code -20' error. I'm working on verifying the user rights to update the registry right now, but just wanted to see if anyone had been successful yet.
Jose
Amyuni Team

Re: PDF Converter 3 and Windows 8

Post by Jose »

Hi,

The "Printer not activated Error code -20" typically is generated when the PDF Converter encounters an issue with the activation code used to enable the printer. Either an incorrect activation code was used to install the printer or the PDF Converter is unable to read the activation code (activation code registry entry was not found).

The PDF Converter driver functions be reading and writing printer settings to and from the system registry. Please make sure that the "Everyone" group has access to the key below:
"HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software\<Printer Name>"

Thanks
Get PDF Suite, the expert .NET developer toolkit for PDF conversion, creation and editing - www.amyuni.com/pdfsuite