PDF contents in wrong file on Citrix Server

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
wavemachine

PDF contents in wrong file on Citrix Server

Post by wavemachine »

A few years ago we had an issue with one of our customers who has 3 citrix boxes which serve 50 users each with content being written in the wrong PDF document i.e. User A and User B both produce a PDF report the result is User A's report is in User B's PDF file and visa versa. At the time we implemented locking which didn't help and then we were given a special Citrix licence key and it was never reported again.

Last year we upgraded the PDF printer driver to version 4.5.1.0 which as I understood it should support Citrix correctly however the user has started having this issue again! Do we need a different License key for the Citrix environments if not what do we need to do to prevent this from happening?

I have looked in the change log for the latest updates to the driver but can see no reference to this issue being fixed, I also notice in your sales information that you say
Work in multi-threaded environments and with service applications. Ideal for Web, Intranet and Terminal Servers including Citrix
Rich

Re: PDF contents in wrong file on Citrix Server

Post by Rich »

Create PDF files from any application installed on a terminal server or a pool of servers. Default PDF settings are made by the administrator and applied to all users on the network. Depending on the administration policies, users can be allowed or prevented from modifying the printer settings to suit their needs. Updating all users to a newer version of PDF Converter is done transparently to the users by updating the printer driver on a single server.

• Citrix ready, works on Citrix servers or Citrix farms

We have since sent customer correct activation code to resolve their issue.
Efficient and accurate conversion to PDF, XPS, PDF/A and more. Free trials at - http://www.amyuni.com
erikf

Post by erikf »

Hi Rich,
I've been having this same issue intermittently in a Citrix environment using PDF Converter version 4.0.1.2. It seems to only happen if two users hit the printer driver at the exact same time. I've also had reports to zero length PDF's being produced and was wondering if it could possibly be related?

What do I need to do to get this to work as it should? Hopefully, you've got an easy solution to this handy.

Thanks,

Erik
Alexandre
Amyuni Team

Post by Alexandre »

Hi Erik,

Did you try to use locking: http://amyuni.com/WebHelp/Amyuni_Docume ... uction.htm ?

Thanks.

Alex
Get PDF Suite, the expert .NET developer toolkit for PDF conversion, creation and editing - www.amyuni.com/pdfsuite