Does PDF Converter 400 work with Word 2010?

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
let98007

Does PDF Converter 400 work with Word 2010?

Post by let98007 »

I have VBA code running in a VFP9 application that works perfectly with Word 2007 but brought a whole company to its knees the instant they converted to Office 2010. It fails when trying to set the printer driver. I don't know if the Pdf Converter is the problem or not and it's nearly impossible to find out with the paucity of resources Microsoft has on the topic of VBA 7. All of the microsoft sites say that upgrading to Office 2010 is "transparent for the 32-bit environment." If I could verify that Word 2010 is supported by PDF Creater 400, at least I could rule out one variable. I've searched Amyuni's online materials and can't find a definitive answer to that question. The code runs on Server 2003 under Terminal Services,

Thanks for any hints you can offer.
Jose
Amyuni Team

Re: Does PDF Converter 400 work with Word 2010?

Post by Jose »

Hello,

Unfortunately you have not really posted very much information but the one thing I would verify is that you installed the 32bit version of Office.

Thanks
Get PDF Suite, the expert .NET developer toolkit for PDF conversion, creation and editing - www.amyuni.com/pdfsuite
let98007

Post by let98007 »

Yes, this environment is definitely 32-bit. I can actually answer the question now--after 8 days of research and testing. The two programs are definitely compatible but there is one significant change when automating Word 2010 documents with VBA. It may be more detail than you need here, but the short form is this: "HP Laserjet 4P" does not equal "HP LaserJet 4P" when passing a printer name to the Print Setup dialog in Word 2010, although either string appears to be accepted by the .ActivePrinter property.
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hello,

It looks like you are having an issue setting the ActivePrinter on the Word object? Maybe the link below will help?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 38478.aspx

thanks
Get PDF Suite, the expert .NET developer toolkit for PDF conversion, creation and editing - www.amyuni.com/pdfsuite
let98007

Post by let98007 »

Thanks for your response. Actually, I can't use ActivePrinter in this instance because that command changes the Windows Default printer. I am using the print setup dialog to change the printer on-the-fly. However, I finally figured out that there has been a significant change in Office 2010. Previously Word appeared to use "=" to evaluate the printer in both commands. Now the dialog method apparently uses "==" and the strings must match exactly.