Translate messages

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
PS1

Translate messages

Post by PS1 »

Hello,

We are using the Converter from our application, however you can still see the printer in the printers configuration section. And when one of our users is working in an application and wants to print, they have the possibility to select the Amyuni printer, which of course is not allowed. If they do they will get a message stating that: "Printer not activated". As our users are not native English speakers we would like to translate this message. I read in another thread that it used to be possible, but I can not seem to find how to do this, could you please give me some tips?

Regards
Rich

Re: Translate messages

Post by Rich »

You can use the following VB script to change the "error" message that users get if they use the Amyuni PDF Converter from outside your application! Of course, adding the message in the language of your end-users would be up to you.

'===CUT AND SAVE WITH .VBS EXTENSION ======
Dim PDF
Set PDF = CreateObject("cdintfex.cdintfex.4.5")
'Use your printer name here that you are installing
'This printer name should be unique to your application
PDF.DriverInit( "Amyuni Locking Test" )
PDF.PrinterParamStr("PrintDisabled") = ""
PDF.PrinterParamStr("Activation Error Title") = "My Application"
PDF.PrinterParamStr("Activation Error Text") = "Only use this printer from My Application"
'Clean Up
Set PDF = Nothing
'===CUT AND SAVE WITH .VBS EXTENSION ======

to revert back to original message:

SetPrinterParamStr( hPrinter, “Activation Error Title”, “Activation Error” );
SetPrinterParamStr( hPrinter, “Activation Error Title”, “Printer not activated, error code %d” );

Hope this helps.
Efficient and accurate conversion to PDF, XPS, PDF/A and more. Free trials at - http://www.amyuni.com
PS1

Re: Translate messages

Post by PS1 »

thanks Rich,

This sure did help!

Could i please ask you kindly to also look at my other questions, I'd like to finish this project and move on ;-)

Regards,
PS1