Error code -30

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
danadanny

Error code -30

Post by danadanny »

Hi,
we are experiencing error code -30 on one of the end user's workstation.

The setup is as follows:
Our customer deploy our application using Citrix XenApp with Desktop Experience on Windows Server 2008 R2. The end user's workstation is Windows XP 32 bit.

I understand that it is possible to extend the default time-out of twenty seconds between enabling the PDF driver and printing a document. Can you send us the activation code to extend the time-out to one minute?

Thanks
Danny.
Rich

Re: Error code -30

Post by Rich »

There are a few ways that may result in an Error code -30:
1- This warning message will be generated with printing to a developer edition of the PDF Converter which has not been enabled. Printing to Microsoft Word as an example.
2- This message is also generated each time a user tries to access the PDF Converter's printer UI in the control panel.

You would need to contact sales@amyuni.com with your company information and based on if your maintenance is still current then they can send you the new Activation code or they may have already sent it and it usually gets sent to the email/person we have in our customer database.

We seldom issue extended time-out values as to complete a pdf process should not take more than 20 seconds. That is plenty of time. Perhaps the end-user is generating error code -30 by what was suggested above.
Efficient and accurate conversion to PDF, XPS, PDF/A and more. Free trials at - http://www.amyuni.com
danadanny

Re: Error code -30

Post by danadanny »

Hi Rich,
thanks for your reply.

I can confirm error -30 is not generated from the two suggested scenarios because:
1. All other XP workstations are able to generate PDF documents from my application.
2. "EnablePrinter(serialno, activationcode)" method was called prior to printing.

I agree that creating a pdf document should not take more than 20 seconds. In a published application environment, does the PDF driver retrieve the start time for the 20 seconds count from the server or the local workstation? Are there any other possible scenarios where error code -30 might occur?

Thanks