Support for SBS 2011

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
danadanny

Support for SBS 2011

Post by danadanny »

Hi,
does PDF Printer Driver version 4.5.0.6 support SBS 2011?

My end user gets the following messages:
  • "Printer not activated, error code -30."
    "OLE IDispatch exception code 65535 from cdintf450 : DEVMODE is NULL Check that the printer is installed correctly."
Rich

Re: Support for SBS 2011

Post by Rich »

Ensure that the printer is installed correctly - use "Run as Administrator" when installing the printer. If it is a 64-bit server ensure that the PDF driver is assigned to the "NUL:" port (LPT1 for the 32-bit NOS).

1. How is the printer installed?
2. How is your end-user accessing SBS 2011?
3. Is this an isolated case?
Efficient and accurate conversion to PDF, XPS, PDF/A and more. Free trials at - http://www.amyuni.com
danadanny

Post by danadanny »

Hi Rich,
thanks for your reply.

The printer is installed as part of our software setup using the "install.exe" with the relevant parameters. The port name parameter is not included for all OS platforms. Do I have to assign to the "NUL:" port for all 64-bit OS?

Can you confirm if the the port parameter syntax is correct? Is the port parameter an "O" or "0" (zero)?
Install "My Company Printer" -n "Evaluation Developer License" -c "07ABCDA0A1230123012" -O "NUL:"
danadanny

Post by danadanny »

Received confirmation from end user. The PDF driver is assigned to "NUL:" port even though the port parameter is not included in my installation command.

There is also another print driver assigned to the "NUL:" port. Does this matter?
danadanny

Post by danadanny »

Apparently, another software uses Amyuni PDF driver also and the version is 4.5.1.0 which is different from mine (4.5.0.6). Does this matter?
Rich

Post by Rich »

Our installer assigns the printer to the NUL: port on a 64-bit OS and even creates the NUL: port if it is not there. You can have more than 1 printer assigned to the NUL: port. You can have other versions of the Amyuni PDF Converter installed onto 1 PC and this usually happens when you have a 3rd party application that the 3rd party vendor has purchased the developers edition of our software.

Can you try your install script once again and omitting the "-O" as it is not required. Go to the Printer properties and select the About... tab - is the PDF Converter License to your company or does it show N/A? If N/A it is not correctly installed.
Efficient and accurate conversion to PDF, XPS, PDF/A and more. Free trials at - http://www.amyuni.com
danadanny

Post by danadanny »

Thanks for your reply.

My install script does not include the "-O" parameter. The PDF Converter is licenced to my company in the "About" screen but the version number is slightly different, ie 4.5.1.0. The version I ship is 4.5.0.6
Rich

Post by Rich »

The below instructions can be used to determine if the Amyuni printer (version 4.5) is installed correctly.

Please create a directory on your system called "C:\amyuni" and place a text file called "test.txt" in this directory. Next save the text below in a text file called code.vbs and save it into the same "C:\amyuni" directory. Make sure you input the printer name that you are using within the VBS script.

Next, try to execute the VBS script and verify if you get a resulting PDF document in the c:\amyuni folder called output.pdf.

NOTE: in order to run the vbs script, open the command prompt with administrator privileges (run as Administrator) and execute the command below:

64-bit OS: c:\amyuni>c:\Windows\SysWow64\cscript.exe code.vbs
32-bit OS: c:\amyuni>c:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe code.vbs

'--------------------CUT and SAVE with VBS extension ----START-------------------------

Dim PDF

Set PDF = CreateObject ("CDintfex.Cdintfex.4.5")

with PDF

'Change to the printer you normally install

.DriverInit "~YOUR PRINTER NAME~"
.SetDefaultPrinter

.DefaultDirectory = "C:\amyuni\"
.DefaultFileName = "C:\amyuni\output.pdf"
.FileNameOptions = 3
.EnablePrinter "Amyuni Tech Eval","07EFCDAB01000100FB0841E7D8A5FDC96C023E0C9C3E537935719C2E3A4F4653C93F512EA54A1F3BDE4FE74002EC99BC499975DD2A92"
.BatchConvert "C:\amyuni\test.txt"

.RestoreDefaultPrinter
.FileNameOptions = 0

end with

Set PDF = Nothing
'--------------------CUT and SAVE with VBS extension ----END-------------------------

The resulting PDF, output.pdf, will have an evaluation watermark.
Last edited by Rich on Fri May 25 2012, edited 3 times in total.
danadanny

Post by danadanny »

Hi Rich,

Will get the end user to try the vb script.

As the version number is different from mine (4.5.0.6), will it still work if I try to activate the 4.5.1.0 version with my activation code?
danadanny

Post by danadanny »

My end user tried the script.

There is an activation error "Printer not activated, error code -41", followed by "The data area passed to a system call is too small." They got a developer to step into the vb script and it "appears to hang prior to: .BatchConvert "C:\amyuni\test.txt" ".

It doesn't work when there are two different versions of the Amyuni PDF driver licensed by two different companies installed on the same machine.
Rich

Post by Rich »

That does happen when there is limited data in the text file.

Can they create a Word document and save it as test.rtf and change within the VB code to read:

.BatchConvert "C:\amyuni\test.rtf"

This is a simple script just to establish that the Amyuni PDF Converter is working fine and results in an outputted file. Once that is established then the next step is to investigate why your application will not allow end-user to print from! The Evaluation license will work for all version of the 4.5 product.
Rich

Post by Rich »

You would get DEVMODE is NULL Check that the printer is installed correctly because you are trying to print to the PDF Printer after calling DriverEnd, or at anytime when the PDF Printer is not initialized in your code.