SetPrinterParamStr - Restore default AmyUni Msg???

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
POZ.James

SetPrinterParamStr - Restore default AmyUni Msg???

Post by POZ.James »

Hi There,

(Regarding v2.10i and/or v3.03 of CDINTF.dll)

I've been having a look at some previous posts regarding the customization / removal of AmyUni activation messages (e.g. "Printer not Activated, error code -30.")

I found comments about setting the following params:-
SetPrinterParamStr "Activation Error Title", "My Application"
SetPrinterParamStr "Activation Error Text", "This printer can be used only within My Application"

and how setting the values to a blank string will prevent the AmyUni messages completely
SetPrinterParamStr "Activation Error Title", ""
SetPrinterParamStr "Activation Error Text", ""

What i would like to know is how to remove this setting / change this back to the default/original messages?

I'm assuming this message is used for all the various errors that can come out of the PDF driver (i.e. Those listed here: http://www.amyuni.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... odes#p8617)
Are there parameters we can use to obtain the original message from AmyUni to populate our customized message? (e.g. Can i write a message like this "There has been an error: $1 (Error code: $2)" which is populated thus: "There has been an error: Printer not Activated (Error code: 30)" )

Is is possible to disable these messages completely (using SetPrinterParamStr "Activation Error Title", "") but to still obtain the error code and use it in my application?
(I notice GetLastErrorMsg is only used for the DriverInit and generally just returns something like "the operation completed ok")

Thanks,
James.

**** EDIT:- ******
To answer my own questions:-
How to remove this setting / change this back to the default/original messages?
SetPrinterParamStr "Activation Error Title", "Activation Error"
SetPrinterParamStr "Activation Error Text", "Printer not activated, error code %d"

Can i write a message like this "There has been an error: $1 (Error code: $2)" which is populated thus: "There has been an error: Printer not Activated (Error code: 30)"
Yes, well sort of...
SetPrinterParamStr "Activation Error Text", "There has been an error: Printer not activated (Error code: %d)"
Would work (I was under the impression there were other errors than "Printer not activated" - but it seems this is the only error and the error CODE changes)
- AmyUni team: Please correct me if i'm wrong.

I would still like to know if it's possible to disable the messages completely, but be able to obtain the error code in my application.

Thanks.
James.
(Updated for my & others reference)
Jose
Amyuni Team

Re: SetPrinterParamStr - Restore default AmyUni Msg???

Post by Jose »

Hello,
In reference to resetting the activation code warning messages, you simply need to delete the two registry keys below:

Activation Error Text
Activation Error Title
In this registry hive:
HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software\<Your printer name>

In reference to obtaining the error codes in your application, this is not possible.

Hope this helps?
Get PDF Suite, the expert .NET developer toolkit for PDF conversion, creation and editing - www.amyuni.com/pdfsuite
POZ.James

Re: SetPrinterParamStr - Restore default AmyUni Msg???

Post by POZ.James »

Hi Jose,

Thanks for the details re the registry keys.

It's a real shame the error codes are not returned to the calling application - I was hoping to disable the messaging from the driver and instead output a more (end) user friendly message based on the code returned.

Thanks for the info anyway,
James.