Error code -30

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
SkurkenDK

Error code -30

Post by SkurkenDK »

Hi Amyuni forum

I just purchased: Amyuni PDF Converter Professional Version for Windows® version 4.50

I've tried installing it on two different machines now. First one is a Windows Server 2003 (32 bit) second one is my desktop running Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit).

On both machines I get this error when I try to print a test page: "Printer not activated, error code -30". I've searched the forum, but only thing I can see regarding that error code is that it might have something to do with a timeout? But how does one then resolve that problem?

I've tried doing a print from code (existing Powerbuilder project that has worked on other machines, and I get the same error when trying that).

Any help will be highly appreciated!
Rich

Re: Error code -30

Post by Rich »

The Error code -30 will be generated with printing to a developer edition of the PDF Converter which has not been enabled. Printing outside your developer app will also result in error messages - it could be a "Print Test" page or even to Notepad.

The Developer's version of the PDF Converter requires that developers must programmatically enable the PDF Converter printer each time before they send any output to it. This is done by calling the EnablePrinter() function from within their application and passing it the "License to" and "Activation code" which was sent by our sales department. The EnablePrinter() function should be called right before a print job is sent to the Amyuni PDF Converter. The EnablePrinter() is designed to allow the PDF Converter to start generating a PDF document from within 20 seconds of being called. If the printer does not receive a print job to process within this timeframe, it will timeout and the EnablePrinter() must be called again. In the situation where this call is not made, the printing process will fail.

I have referenced a webpage from our Resource/Documentation section that better explains enable printer:
http://amyuni.com/WebHelp/Amyuni_Docume ... rinter.htm
Efficient and accurate conversion to PDF, XPS, PDF/A and more. Free trials at - http://www.amyuni.com