Can't install versjon 4.0.1.2 on Win7 64-bit. Error 1722

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
OysteinR

Can't install versjon 4.0.1.2 on Win7 64-bit. Error 1722

Post by OysteinR »

I can't get the driver installed on a machine with Win7 64-bit.
I keep getting the error 1722, RPC server is unavailable.

I've tried copying the file cdintf400.dll to the folder C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and I've tried running Install.exe -P
I even deleted all printers and remove all the drivers from Print Server Properties.

The Print spooler is running and it restarts when I do it manually but the driver won't install.

Any suggestions on what's wrong?

Øystein Rambøl
Support consultant, Mamut ASA
Rich

Re: Can't install versjon 4.0.1.2 on Win7 64-bit. Error 1722

Post by Rich »

Normally when you get error 1722, RPC server is unavailable it means that something(?) is preventing the Amyuni product from installing.
You are installing as an administrator? Is there any back-up software that is running. Check your running processes and determine what is running and what can be disabled for a short period of time until you successfully install the Amyuni product.
Efficient and accurate conversion to PDF, XPS, PDF/A and more. Free trials at - http://www.amyuni.com
OysteinR

Post by OysteinR »

I was logged in as a user with administrator permissions.
I also ran the install both from Start - Run and by opening an elevated command prompt and running it there.
As far as I know there was no backup software running but the user had DropBox installed.
Will the driver install if we start Windows in safe mode?
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hi,

Please make sure that the print spooler is running.

Thanks
Get PDF Suite, the expert .NET developer toolkit for PDF conversion, creation and editing - www.amyuni.com/pdfsuite
OysteinR

Post by OysteinR »

As I mentioned in the original posting: The Print spooler is running and it restarts when I do it manually but the driver won't install.

Øystein Rambøl
Support consultant, Mamut AS
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hello,
The error message “Error 1722” is being generated by the print spooler. It seems that restarting the print spooler is causing an issue on this particular PC.

I suggest that you try re-installing the PDF Converter with the –p switch. The “-p” parameter tells the install.exe not to restart the print spooler.

Example:
Install –s -p "My Company Printer" -n "xxxxxx" -c “xxxx”

Thanks
Get PDF Suite, the expert .NET developer toolkit for PDF conversion, creation and editing - www.amyuni.com/pdfsuite
OysteinR

Post by OysteinR »

I have in tried running Install.exe -p both from Start - Run and from an elevated command prompt.

What does the parameters -s -n -c do?
Rich

Post by Rich »

I have referenced 2 web pages that may assist in getting your install working

Newsletter 11: Error Code 1722, Spooler Crash Under Vista
http://amyuni.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2345

Using the Developer Version of the Amyuni Document Converter
http://amyuni.com/WebHelp/Amyuni_Docume ... verter.htm
Efficient and accurate conversion to PDF, XPS, PDF/A and more. Free trials at - http://www.amyuni.com