Silent installation

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
Arkema

Silent installation

Post by Arkema »

Hello,

We have to make a silent installation of Amyuni PDF Converter, but we encounter some difficulties.

- We tried to use the installation with "Install.exe -s" but a window appears to confirm the installation of a non-signed driver.
- We tried to make a capture of a full installation, it was good but we encounter a small problem with "PrintDisabled" : with or without "PrintDisabled" in registry, we encounter the error message "The file being printed is already in PDF format. The print conversion will stop." with Acrobat Reader (with a normal installation, so not our, PrintDisabled works fine).

An idea to make the "PrintDisabled" working with our custom installation ?

Thx a lot.

Regards
Rich

Re: Silent installation

Post by Rich »

It is not clear whether the installation is for the desktop version of PDF Converter or the developer version which is packaged with a third-party application. In the second part of this post, you will find details about the end-user or desktop deployments, and here are some more details for developers:

Deployment and Activation of the Developer version
- Install.exe /s will silently install the PDF printer driver that is bundled with third-party applications. More details and the list of distributable files can be found here: http://www.amyuni.com/WebHelp/Amyuni_Do ... verter.htm
The warning that you are getting about unsigned drivers means that you are not deploying the latest Microsoft certified and signed version of PDF Converter which is available on our web site. Either there is a file missing or files coming from different versions of PDF Converter. To force the installation of an unsigned version without the warning message, you can delete the amyuni.inf and atpdf450.cat files from your installation package.

The error from Acrobat Reader and PrintDisabled means that you are not setting the key in the right location or under the right printer name. We don't have all the details about how you are doing the installation, so it is difficult to determine where you are setting the key and why it is failing.

Deployment and Activation of the Desktop version
msiexec PDFConverterSetup450.msi /qb licName="Amyuni Tech." licCode="07EFCDAB01000..." printerName="My Printer Name"
or
msiexec PDFSuiteSetup450.msi /qb licName="Amyuni Tech." licCode="07EFCDAB01000..." printerName="My Printer Name"

Type msiexec.exe then ENTER to get more options.

We can also use the PDFSuiteSetupAmyLic450.exe directly like this:

PDFSuiteSetupAmyLic450.exe /qb licName="Amyuni Tech." licCode="07EFCDAB01000..." printerName="My Printer Name"

PDFSuiteSetupAmyLic450.exe /a /qb licName="Amyuni Tech." licCode="07EFCDAB01000..." printerName="My Printer Name"

We can also use the command line option to automate installation for the Desktop Edition as well like this:

PDFSuiteSetup450.exe /i /qb nlslicense="SXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX"
PDFConverterSetup450.exe /i /qb nlslicense="CXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX"

The b after /q in /qb in the above examples can be replaced with any of:

/q[n|b|r|f]

Sets user interface level

n - No UI
b - Basic UI
r - Reduced UI
f - Full UI (default)
Last edited by Rich on Mon Dec 17 2012, edited 3 times in total.
Efficient and accurate conversion to PDF, XPS, PDF/A and more. Free trials at - http://www.amyuni.com
Arkema

Post by Arkema »

Hi,

"Install -s" without amyuni.inf and atpdf450.cat files working fine, we don't have the prompt window for unsigned driver, thanks a lot :D
The "PrintDisabled" key working fine also.

But just for information, I tried to install with the MSI installer (PDFConverterSetup450.msi, support gave us the link by email) and we had the prompt window to confirm the unsigned driver.

Regards
Rich

Post by Rich »

With version 4.5 you are to use the following

- AMYLICENSE="<license name>"
- AMYCODE="<license code>"
- PRINTER="<printer name>": Default is Amyuni PDF Converter

PDFSuiteSetupAmyLic450.exe /i /qb AMYLICENSE="Amyuni Tech." AMYCODE="07EFCDAB01000..." PRINTER="My Printer Name"

/q[n|b|r|f]
Sets user interface level
n - No UI
b - Basic UI
r - Reduced UI
f - Full UI (default)

In the example above, we have /qb which means Basic UI. This does not require user intervention, it just shows a progress dialog box.
/qn can be used if you need a completely hidden installation.