Win 7 x64 hangs

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
bruce_rainwater

Win 7 x64 hangs

Post by bruce_rainwater »

Using Document Converter ver 4.0.1.2with Alpha Five v10, added NUL: port etc., works after install and changing port, but after computer is rebooted the NUL: port has disappeared from the port list and no port is selected, tried adding port again, but when pdf is selected from program it locks after initialization dialog displays and I have to close program. If I change port to FILE: and manually enter pdf path it works ok
bruce_rainwater

Re: Win 7 x64 hangs

Reading other threads on subject I found that quicken uses the same drivers as Alpha, so I tried quicken and it creates pdf's ok, I did notice that during the conversion the driver icon in the printers window changes it's name from alphaFivePrinter to Quicken Pdf Printer, then reverts to AlphaFivePrinter after it is done. I tried using msconfig to disable all processes on boot except microsoft and intel, but on reboot the NUL: port is still removed from the driver properties, so what could be changing driver properties when the computer reboots, I know the driver works because it works after installing and only fails after the computer is rebooted. What do I have to do, remove and reinstall every time I start the computer, or never shutdown the computer ?
Devteam

Post by Devteam »

This issue has to be reported to the developers of Alpha Five. They seem to be doing some very specific things with the PDF printer which is outside of the normal installation and usage procedures.
Amyuni Development Team

Efficient and accurate conversion to PDF, XPS, PDF/A and more. Free trials at - https://www.amyuni.com
bruce_rainwater

Nice thought but I have seen several posts from users of other development platforms, don't recall them all but quickbooks was one., and it still works in alpha in computers not running windows 7(and doesn't fail on all win 7 computers). Alpha helped me write a work around to get pdf's printed, but I only turn it on if it doesn't work on a specific computer. I had to send Alpha other posts and screen shots to convince them there was a problem since it works on most computers.