Error installing PDF Converter version 4.5

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
tlathrop

Error installing PDF Converter version 4.5

Post by tlathrop »

I downloaded the 30-day trial for PDF Suite 4.5. I tried to install the PDF Converter printer driver on 32-bit Windows XP SP3, but I'm getting an error. I'm running Install.exe that's in the PDF Converter Printer Driver directory.

Here's the install log:

Code: Select all

Windows 32-bit Install
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Checking for existing PDF printer
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Removing existing PDF printer
Removing PDF printer driver
Installing using .inf file
Copying cdintf.dll file
Copying xmllite.dll file
Error Code: 2
The system cannot find the file specified.
Installing Amyuni PDF printer driver
Installing Amyuni PDF printer
Printer setup succeeded
Launch 'Install -u' to uninstall
Process Monitor by Sysinternals shows that Install.exe successfully opens xmllite.dll in C:\Windows\System32, but then it tries to open it in the PDF Converter Printer Driver directory, and fails with a NO SUCH FILE error.

I was previously able to install PDF Converter from version 4.0 of PDF Suite on this VM without a problem.

How can I get this to work?

Tom
sprezzatura

Re: Error installing PDF Converter version 4.5

Post by sprezzatura »

For what it's worth, Amyuni says "xmllite.dll is only required if generating XPS files". We install successfully without it.

See this post:

http://www.amyuni.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2735

But I'm not an expert.
zaksoft

Re: Error installing PDF Converter version 4.5

Post by zaksoft »

Yes, but users will call support reporting the error...

I've copied xmllite.dll from 4.1.2 setup directory and it works (AFAIK).

Hope that Amyuni fix next setup.
Davide Zaccanti