Definitive list of files required for Installation

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
sprezzatura

Definitive list of files required for Installation

Post by sprezzatura »

As a customer of Amyuni since 2005, I have always found it confusing to get a definitive list of what files are required to be included in an Installation package. As a service to my colleagues, I include herewith a list of everything I am aware of.

There are still some questions.
  • Do we still need acXMLParser.dll?
  • Do we need amyuni.inf?
  • What is atpdf400.cat? Do we need to include it? In this post, Joan from Amyuni says
    This file is available if the version you are installing is signed by Microsoft. If you are installing a build that is not signed by Microsoft you will not find atpdf400.cat file and you will not need it.
    This is ambiguous. Does "the version you are installing" refer to PDF Creator Install that we download from Amyuni, or to our own installer that we build for the application we are distributing?
  • Some new files appear for the first time with 4.0. What are pdfcreactivex.dll, PluginTWAIN.dll? Do we need to include them?
  • I assume Setup.exe does not need to be included?
Please let me know the status of the above files, and I will update and repost my list.

Thanks.

Here's the list. Spaces were added for clarity. (The Upload function does not allow PDF, or CSV or TXT or HTML. It was also unable to upload GIF or JPG or ZIP. I give up.)

Code: Select all

File Name                     Ver.                     Required     Comment     
-----------------             -----------------        -----------  -----------------------------------            
acf pdf.drv                                            Optional     Win 98, Me
acf pdf.dll                   2.51-b Jul 2006          Optional     Win NT4 {6}
acf pdf.txt                                            Y                                                           
acf pdf nt.dll                2.51-b Jul 2006          Optional     Win NT4 {6}
acf pdf u.dll                 4.0.1.2                  Y            Win 2000, XP, 2003  32-bit                     
acf pdf u amd64.dll           4.0.1.2                  Y            Win XP, 2003, Vista, 2008  64-bit  AMD         
acf pdf u i.dll               4.0.1.2                  Y            Win 2000, XP, 2003  32-bit                     
acf pdf u ia64.dll            2.51-b Jul 2006          Optional     Legacy  Win XP, 2003  64-bit  IA64 {6}
                                                                    "only required for very rare high end IA 64bit systems"
                                                                    (See Post 2606 {1})
acf pdf u i amd64.dll         4.0.1.2                  Y            Win XP, 2003, Vista, 2008  64-bit  AMD          
acf pdf u i ia64.dll          2.51-b Jul 2006          Optional     Legacy   Win XP, 2003  64-bit  IA64 {6}
                                                                    "only required for very rare high end IA 64bit systems"
                                                                    (See Post 2606 {1})
ac pdf crdb.dll               4.0.1.2                  Optional     For connecting to a data base.  Not required. {2}{3}
ac pdf crext.dll              4.0.1.2                  Optional     For adding bookmarks. Not required. {2}{3}
acXMLParser.dll               2,7,0                    N            Used internally by PDF Converter. (14 Sep 2007)
                                                                    "no longer needed in version 3.02" {3}{4}
amyuni.inf                                             Y                                
at pdf 400.cat                                         Y            Microsoft catalog file
cdintf.dll                    4.0.1.2                  Y                                                           
Install.exe                                            Y                                                           
Install.ini                                            Y            If present, used by install.exe for licensing info,
                                                                    printer name {5}
pdfcreactivex.dll             4.0.1.2                  Optional     Activex. If you don't know what it is,
                                                                    you don't need it.
PluginTWAIN.dll               4.0.1.2                  Optional                                                           
Setup.exe                     4.0.0.0                  N                            
xmllite.dll                   1.00.1018.0              Optional     Needed if generating XPS files. {3}
                                                                    (All versions other than Vista)
                                                                    If omitted, error message will appear in INSTALL.LOG

[/size]References:
{1} IA64 drivers post 2606
{2} PRF Viewer Post 2628
{3} acXMLParser Post 2177
{4} acXMLParser Post 2263
{5} Install.INI Post 2707
{6} Can be downloaded from http://www.amyuni.com/downloads/legacy_drivers.zip