Cannot create Pdf printer

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
beyonder

Cannot create Pdf printer

Post by beyonder »

Hi, we got a problem with a customer.
We have a custom installation that install amyuni printer with ZPdfPrinter name (we're using 4.1.0 version) launching install.exe with licence parameters.
Setup end without problems but our application using ZpdfPrinter don't start (i have to manage exception...but this is not the problem).
Looking in Printers and Fax i don't see ZpdfPrinter so i used your complete setup (pdfdrv400.exe) and installed it leaving Amyuni Pdf Converter name for pdf printer and using our licence code but pdf printer fail to create.....without ERRORS!!
Here is install.log

Copying file: C:\DOCUME~1\mb\IMPOST~1\Temp\license.txt
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Copying of PDF Converter start:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Copying file: acfpdf.drv
Copying file: amyuni.inf
Copying file: atpdf400.cat
Copying file: acfpdf.txt
Copying file: acfpdfu.dll
Copying file: acfpdfui.dll
Copying file: cdintf.dll
Copying file: acfpdfuamd64.dll
Copying file: acfpdfuiamd64.dll
Copying file: Install.exe
Copying file: Amyuni PDF Converter.pdf
Copying file: Amyuni Document Converter 4.0.pdf
Copying of PDF Converter finish
Copying file: Versions.txt
Copying file: license.pdf
Copying file: xmllite.dll
Windows 32-bit Install
Printer setup succeeded

it stops here! Between Windows 32-bit install and Printer setup succeded nothing happens!!
Here are the missing operations on my pc:

Checking for existing PDF printer
Installing using .inf file
Copying cdintf.dll file
Copying xmllite.dll file
Installing Amyuni PDF printer driver
Installing Amyuni PDF printer

This customer runs WinXp 32bit.
He logs with a user with administrator rights.
Running FSecure AV but Realtime monitor disabled.
I Checked PATH variable and wbem folder is present.
I tryed to install as system (with at <time> /interactive cmd.exe trick) but problem remain.

What can i do?

Thank you and sorry for my bad english
Jose
Amyuni Team

Re: Cannot create Pdf printer

Post by Jose »

Hello,

There are a couple of options that I suggest that you try in order to install the PDF Converter on your winXP system.

1-Try to install the PDF Converter by using the windows Add printer methods. From the printer's folder in the control printer, select add printer and use the Amyuni.inf file to add the printer.

2- If the above suggestion does not help, please download the updated v4.0.1.2 of the Amyuni PDF Converter printer driver. Try installing this version on your winXP system?

Thanks
Jose
Get PDF Suite, the expert .NET developer toolkit for PDF conversion, creation and editing - www.amyuni.com/pdfsuite