Installing on Windows 2008 64bit SP2 and Amyuni 4.0.1.2

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
JoeWatts

Installing on Windows 2008 64bit SP2 and Amyuni 4.0.1.2

Post by JoeWatts »

So I download the latest version (4.0.1.2) of the Printer Driver and get ready to install. It fails, nobody else seems to be having this problem so I emailed tech support, and they told me that I was missing the 64bit drivers. I was flumoxed, since I simply executed pdfdrv400.exe, I thought that it would have all the necessary files and drivers to perform the installation. So I took the list of files that they sent me, and set up a special directory that contained a the following list, it still failed.

File Name Size Version
acfpdf.drv 310 KB
acfpdf.txt 109 Bytes
acfpdfu.dll 732 KB 0.3.0.4012
acfpdfuamd64.dll 925 KB 0.3.0.4012
acfpdfui.dll 397 KB 0.3.0.4012
acfpdfuiamd64.dll 420 KB 0.3.0.4012
amyuni.inf 3.07 KB
atpdf400.cat 9.62 KB
cdintf.dll 4.02 MB 4.0.1.2
Install.exe 221 KB
install.log 0 bytes
xmllite.dll 119 KB 1.0.1018.0
install.bat This does the command line install with our license information
uninstall.bat This does the command line uninstall

Contents of Log File

Windows 64-bit x86 Install
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Checking for existing PDF printer
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Installing using .inf file
Copying cdintf.dll file
Copying xmllite.dll file
Installing Amyuni PDF printer driver
Error Code: 87
The parameter is incorrect.
Installing Amyuni PDF printer
Error Code: 1797
The printer driver is unknown.
Printer setup failed
Error Code: 1797
The printer driver is unknown.

What do I do next????
Is it possible the inf file is bad?
barnabas

Re: Installing on Windows 2008 64bit SP2 and Amyuni 4.0.1.2

Post by barnabas »

Hello,

recently I had the same problem. I think you nead the further DLLs acfpdfuia64.dll and acfpdfuiia64.dll from http://www.amyuni.com/downloads/legacy_drivers.zip.

I don't understand, why Amyuni did't send these DLLs with the actual version.

Barnabas
sprezzatura

Post by sprezzatura »

I'm trying to develop a comprehensive list of everything that needs to be installed with Amyuni. See:

http://www.amyuni.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2735

acfpdfuia64.dll and acfpdfuiia64.dll are supposed to be for "high-end legacy IA64" systems (Itanium).
The absence of these files should not affect your installation.

You are running in Administrator mode, right?
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hello,

Below are a couple of suggestions:

1- Can you try installing the PDF Converter by going through windows Add Printers?

2-The “invalid argument error” or “The parameter is incorrect” will sometimes occur when trying to install the non-certified version of the PDF Converter.
In order to resolve this issue delete or rename the “atpdf400.cat and amyuni.inf” files from your installation directory. This installs the non-certified version of the PDF Converter

Thanks
Jose
Get PDF Suite, the expert .NET developer toolkit for PDF conversion, creation and editing - www.amyuni.com/pdfsuite