Windows 7 x64 Pdf creation

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
banker

Windows 7 x64 Pdf creation

Post by banker »

Hi!

I have a Win7 x64 machine with Amyuni 4.0.08.
The AmyUni printer was installed using the provided setup.exe with our license key and name.
The printer is created in Windows devices, so everything looks ok.
But when I try print from our software (PowerBuilder 11), I get the -20 error.
If I run our software as administrator, I get the hourglass for about 20 secs and then a short blink on the screen, but nothing happens.
The only way to get a pdf is to run our software as administrator and at the same time close Outlook.
Then the pdf is generated and the send mail window appears.

Any ideas on how to make this work?

Footnote:
Several of my colleagues has Windows 7 x86 computers, and they don't have these problems at all.
Jose
Amyuni Team

Re: Windows 7 x64 Pdf creation

Post by Jose »

Hello,

The "Printer not activated Error code -20" typically is generated when the PDF Converter encounters an issue with the activation code used to enable the printer. Either an incorrect activation code was used to install the printer or the PDF Converter is unable to read the activation code (activation code registry entry was not found).

All users of the PDF Converter must have at least read/write privileges to the "HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software\<Printer Name>" and "HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software" keys in the registry.

If the user does not have permissions to access these keys, the conversion process will fail and the "Printer not activated Error code -20” error message will get generated.

Hope this helps?
Get PDF Suite, the expert .NET developer toolkit for PDF conversion, creation and editing - www.amyuni.com/pdfsuite