printer resolution

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
huejoe01

printer resolution

Post by huejoe01 »

i am using Document Converter 2.50 and windowsxp sp3
where can i find the actual settings for resolution and paper size in the registry ?
under HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software\PDF Creator i have only following keys
Name: GeneratedFile
Name: SMTP Server
Name: Email From
Name: Email To
Name: Email CC
Name: Email BCC
Name: Email Subject
Name: Email Message
Name: Email Prompt
Name: SMTP Port
Name: File Location
Name: PostProcessing
Name: Watermark
Name: ODMA Enabled
Name: ResLang
Name: PrintTo
Name: DS_DigitalSignature
Name: DS_SignedBy
Name: DS_Reason
Name: DS_ImageFile
Name: DS_Location
Name: DS_PageNumber
Name: DS_HorPos
Name: DS_VerPos
Name: DS_SigWidth
Name: DS_SigHeight
Name: DS_Flags
Name: DS_Reasons
Name: CB_CreateBookmarks
Name: CB_Levels
Name: Options

if i change the resolution in the printing preferences and restart the computer the new resolution is still ok, but i cannot find a change in the registry.

josef huemer, svai linz, austria
josef.huemer@siemens.com
Devteam

Re: printer resolution

Post by Devteam »

Printer resolution is part of the standard Devmode settings that are supported by all printers under Windows. The entries that you find under the Software registry key are settings that are very specific to our printer and that are also common to all print jobs (meaning if you change the setting for one document, it will change for all other documents.)

Resolution, along with other standard Windows settings and PDF Converter settings that are specific to one document, can be found under:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers
and
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Printers

These settings are stored in binary format and not to be modified directly by the user.
Amyuni Development Team

Efficient and accurate conversion to PDF, XPS, PDF/A and more. Free trials at - https://www.amyuni.com