Post processing not working for one customer

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
Christen

Post processing not working for one customer

Post by Christen »

What things could cause the post processing not to be performed after a pdf file has been created?

I have checked the reg field and it is correct. And dropping the pdf on the exe file in the post processing string works just fine.

The printing works great the pdf gets created just nothing happens to it.
Christen

Re: Post processing not working for one customer

Post by Christen »

I have another customer who is having the same problem. The PDF is being created, but the postprocessing never gets called.

I can drag and drop the PDF to the exe I am calling in the post processing field in the registry and that works great.

I tried creating another windows user account, changing permissions so everyone can access the pdf directory and the exe for post processing.

We reinstalled the printer.

They have a timewise pdf creator printer, hp printers installed.

We are not sure why this isn't working on just a select few of our customers.

We are using Amyuni 3.03.

Thanks for any help you can give me on this!
Christen

Post by Christen »

Hello? Anyone there? Any ideas?
Christen

Post by Christen »

Another customer called in today with the same problem. The PDF is created but for whatever reason post processing is not called. Anyone have any ideas?
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hello,
You will need to post more information about your user’s configuration? What version of windows are they running and is it a 32 or 64bit edition?

Also, what type of post processing are you trying to do?

Thanks
Jose
Get PDF Suite, the expert .NET developer toolkit for PDF conversion, creation and editing - www.amyuni.com/pdfsuite
Christen

Post by Christen »

windows xp 32 bit.

Our post processing is we hand off the pdf to an exe.

The EXE is supposed to launch our program that allows the user to select a storage location for the pdf that was just created by the PDF printer.

On 99% of machines this works great. But for some machines we just can't seem to get it to work.
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hello,
Here are a couple of things to check:
1- Can you double check that the cdintf300.dll is the PC’s windows\system32 directory?

2- Can you change the value in the “PostProcessing” registry key to something like this?
"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe"

If post processing is correctly configured, this should bring up Adobe Reader when you print.

Thanks
Jose
Get PDF Suite, the expert .NET developer toolkit for PDF conversion, creation and editing - www.amyuni.com/pdfsuite