PDF converter 4.0.7 and Windows 7, 64-bit

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
Krystyna

PDF converter 4.0.7 and Windows 7, 64-bit

Post by Krystyna »

I've problem with printing to PDF converter 4.0.7 on Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (Media Center) 64-bit.
PDF printer is installed successfully (no errors in Install.log).
PDF file is created in correct folder with a correct name but it's 0 bytes long and application hangs.
After 5 minutes waiting I have to delete process from Task Manager
and I cannot delete created PDF file because it's still in use.

Any advice?

Thanks for any help
Devteam

Re: PDF converter 4.0.7 and Windows 7, 64-bit

Post by Devteam »

Here are a couple of troubleshooting tips for this issue:
1 - Check to which port the PDF printer is attached. The port should be "NUL:" on 64-bit systems, if not this means the installer was not able to create this port and attached the printer to the first available port. The solution in this case is to add the "NUL:" port manually and attach the PDF printer to it.

2 - Try printing to any other printer by selecting "Print to File" from your application. Select the same folder to which you are trying yo save the PDF and enter any valid file name. Check if you are able to save a file to that location. E.g. open MS Word, print to your default hardware printer, select Print To File, select the right folder and any valid file name, check to make sure that a file was created after printing. If this test fails, then you have some tool or application installed on your system that is blocking access to the File port.

3 - Close all running application then open the task manager and stop one by one any processes that are not needed. For e.g., you can stop the virus protection or any other tool that might installed on your system. We have found that some tools, e.g. automated document archiving tools, might in some cases prevent the printer from writing to a file. After closing each application, try printing again and check if printing succeeds.

4 - Temporarily disable or uninstall any other printer or fax machine that is installed in your printers' folder. Some printer drivers, mainly fax machines, might prevent other printers from saving to file.

Let us know if any of these suggestions helps.
Amyuni Development Team

Efficient and accurate conversion to PDF, XPS, PDF/A and more. Free trials at - https://www.amyuni.com
Krystyna

Post by Krystyna »

1. port "NUL:"
2. "Print to File" works fine
3. closed all apps but ours (including Norton Antivirus software)
4. took out all printers (fax, XPS)
and NO SUCCESS: still the same behavior

Any new advice?
pSoftware

Post by pSoftware »

I am also experiencing an issue with the similar symptoms.

We are using the PDF Converter 3.0.3, in Windows 2003 server R2 in a 64 bit enviroment.
We are running on application and asp .net in a 32 bit compatible mode.

PDF file is created in correct folder with a correct name but it's 0 bytes long and application hangs
and I cannot delete created PDF file because it's still in use.

In the Contorl Panel/printer and faxes/ under the Amyuni printer driver the status shows as error.

In the event log i see the following error.

Failed to print document

The remote procedure call failed

Win32Exception
Stack Trace: at System.Drawing.Printing.StandardPrintController.OnStartPrint(PrintDocument document, PrintEventArgs e)
at System.Drawing.Printing.PrintController.Print(PrintDocument document)
at System.Drawing.Printing.PrintDocument.Print()
at (line from our product code calling the PDF converter to print)

Inner Exceptions: None available

None of the suggestions in the prior post have worked for me as well.

If this proves to be a seperate issue let me know and I will post it as a new topic or submit directly to support.

Thanks for the help