PDF Converter 4.0 Receives Windows 7 Logo Certification

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
francgagnon

PDF Converter 4.0 Receives Windows 7 Logo Certification

Post by francgagnon »

Amyuni Technologies is pleased to announce that its PDF Converter is now Windows 7-certified. End-users and developers can benefit from this certification by working with a printer driver that is not only up-to-date, but also features more security and performance.

What is a Microsoft Logo Certification?

A Microsoft Logo Certification is the recognition that a software product has undergone and satisfied all of testing requirements specified by Microsoft. For a printer driver, some of these tests include:
  • · Verifying that the printer driver does not crash the operating system even under heavy stress.
    · Verifying that the printer driver can run multiple print jobs at the same time.
    · Verifying that the printer driver does not take up too many system resources (i.e., memory, GDI handles, etc).
    · Verifying that the printer driver is compatible with the new features of the Windows 7 operating system.
    · Verifying that the printer driver performs equally well under a 32- and 64-bit Windows 7 operating system.
If the printer driver successfully completes all of the tests, the Amyuni digital signature is applied to it and it becomes Microsoft-certified.

More than Just Testing

A digital signature acknowledges more than the passage of rigorous software testing. Similar to a “time stamp”, a digital signature confirms the authenticity of a printer driver and indicates that it has not been altered since its testing by its creator(s), third-parties, or by malicious intent (viruses).

Developing With a Certified Printer Driver

Developing with the Amyuni PDF Converter is more than innovating with the latest Windows 7 technologies. Once it is embedded into a third-party product, developers can submit their application under the scrutiny of a Microsoft testing environment and (if it passes) receive its own Windows 7 certification. Such testing for a third-party product augments its Windows operating system compliance, compatibility, and credibility.

Custom Branding: Extending Product Recognition

Developers who already own a PDF Converter printer driver license can also take advantage of Amyuni’s custom branding option. Custom branding replaces Amyuni Technologies' proprietary details from the printer driver's Printing Preferences with those of the developer or vendor. Custom branding extends third-party product recognition and increases company visibility.

Learn more about our branding and certification features at: http://www.amyuni.com/en/developer/branding/index.html.
dmurillo

Re: PDF Converter 4.0 Receives Windows 7 Logo Certification

Post by dmurillo »

When will the certified version be available for download?
frentzel

Post by frentzel »

Is there any new information about a Windows 7 certified download? On the Website i found only version 4.0.0.7.
MGR

Post by MGR »

I just found 4.0.0.8 (which actually has some references and DLLs that are of version 4.0.0.9) on the Amyuni customer download site.
dmurillo

Post by dmurillo »

What DLL's are at version 4.0.0.9?

The only reference to version 4.0.0.9 that I see is some notes in the Version.txt file where they mention some fixes that were made on version 4.0.0.9.

All the files that I have are at version 4.0.0.8 (at least, I think that's what I see :shock: ).
MGR

Post by MGR »

these are at 4.0.0.9
acpdfcrdb.dll
acpdfcrext.dll
Devteam

Post by Devteam »

The two DLLs mentioned above are part of the PDF Viewer that ships with Amyuni PDF Converter. The viewer does not require certification and is not always the same version number as the printer driver.