Version 4 creates large spool files

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
Wayne Sniffen

Version 4 creates large spool files

Post by Wayne Sniffen »

I compiled my application under both version 3.03 and version 4 of the Converter.

I am using the Converter to create a bunch of PDFs and then spool them to the printer. When I process one set of documents using version 3.03 it creates a spool file of 347 MB. When I process the same data through version 4 it creates a 3.06 GB spool file. I have tested a number of different documents and I get the same results. Version 4 for some reason creates a much larger spool file which of course slows down my application. Any ideas?
Wayne Sniffen

Re: Version 4 creates large spool files

Post by Wayne Sniffen »

To get around the problem with version 4 I am using the Creator to print the pdf.

I still use the Converter to append all my pdfs into one large one, but instead of printing from the Converter CDIntfEx.Document object I close the pdf. Then I open it up with the Creator and then print it.