How to set the permissions in vb.net?

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
kwancs

How to set the permissions in vb.net?

Post by kwancs »

when i try to use the permissions property for common driver interface control, i fail to set the permissions to enable print only. i am now using evaluation copy for testing.

Dim PDFWeb As CDIntfEx.CDIntfEx
PDFWeb = New CDIntfEx.CDIntfEx()
PDFWeb.Permissions = -60
PDFWeb.FileNameOptionsEx = &H1 + &H2 + &H10 + &H100

the pdf generated is unable to print, pls advice. thanks!

moreover, where can i find the document about using common driver interface control in vb.net. there is lot of properties and functions, but it is quite hard for me to handle it without document. thanks a lot!

besides, is it possible to disable save for the pdf generated by amyuni.
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hi,

The situation you are encountering is related to an issue with the version of the PDF Converter you are using. If you are using the demo version please download an updated version or you are a registered customer then download a new version from the link included in the email sent to you with your activation code.

You do not have VB.Net specific documentation but the on page 69 and up of the "Common Driver Interface210.pdf" we do provide function definitions for the PDF Converter.

If you are still encountering problems please contact support@amyuni.com and we can assist you further.

Thanks