Cannot Install!

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
goldenomega

Cannot Install!

Post by goldenomega »

Hello,

I am attempting to install PDF Converter Pro 3.03e so that I can use it in my Visual FoxPro application.

After reading the developer's guide I first attempted to do the installation manually. I copied acfpdfu.dll and acfpdfui.dll to my application's main directory. Then, I copied cdintf.dll to my System32 folder, renamed it cdintf300.dll and registered it using regsvr32 cdintf300. No problems there.

Next, in FoxPro, I used cdi = CreateObject("CDIntfEx.CDIntfEx") and again there was no problem. So, I tried cdi.PDFDriverInit ("iservicing pdf printer") to install and init the printer but I get an error message "OLE exception error: Exception code c0000005. OLE object may be corrupt"

I've tried reinstalling everything and rebooting the computer and I get the same error message.

So I decided to install the printer first and use DriverInit instead. Running the Install.exe causes a windows error immediately and if I run Setup.exe with the 'install printer' option checked the setup crashes after copying the files.

I tried the install with virus protection off and I still get the same errors.

What the heck am I doing wrong???
goldenomega

Re: Cannot Install!

Post by goldenomega »

Here are some more details...

I am running Windows XP Professional 32bit with sp2. I have administrator rights on my user account.

I tried installing in safe mode but that just changed the error to "OLE Dispatch exception code 1722 from CDINTF300: Printer installation failed"

I also tried installing it under a different user account. Same problems.

Help!
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Please try to do a clean install.

1) Un-install the Amyuni PDF Converter printer from your system using either our unistaller from Start -> Program Files -> Amyuni PDF Converter -> Uninstall or by running Install -u from the command prompt

2) Locate and delete the following files on your system
cdintf*.*
acfpdf*.*

NOTE: You can safely delete all instances of the above file if no other application is installing a version of the PDF Converter other than the one you are trying to install

3) Restart your system

4) Run the exe file you received to install the PDF Printer using the Installation wizard.

If you get any problems pelase send the generated log file to support@amyuni.com
Custom Brand the Amyuni PDF Printer Driver http://www.amyuni.com/en/developer/branding/index.html

Amyuni PDF Converter tested for true PDF performance. View results - http://www.amyuni.com/benchmark
goldenomega

Post by goldenomega »

Thanks for the reply Joan.

When I tried to uninstall PDF Converter I found that nothing had actually been installed except what I did manually. So, I unregistered cdintf300.dll and deleted it. Then I deleted the copies of acfpdf*.* in my application folder.

Just for kicks I tried using a command prompt to run Install -u and it crashed in exactly the same was it does on installation.

After I cleaned up everything I could (I even searched my Registry for any instance of 'amyuni') I restarted and tried to install again. Still no luck. The situation is exactly the same.

It irks me to have to spend $129 on tech support for a product we purchased and have been totally unable to install. We can't even evaluate your product at this point and now we've got to spend more money? Drat.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Todd Evans
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

The PDF Converter installs properly and without any issues on Windows XP 32 bits. So i am a little bit surprised why you are facing installation problems.

Please send me the log file you received when running setup.exe also please tell me what is exactly the Windows error message you are getting.

Please note that if you recently purchased the product and are not able to install it or if you are just evaluating the product you will receive Technical Support help to install the product without the need to pay any additional fees.

Regards,
Custom Brand the Amyuni PDF Printer Driver http://www.amyuni.com/en/developer/branding/index.html

Amyuni PDF Converter tested for true PDF performance. View results - http://www.amyuni.com/benchmark
goldenomega

Post by goldenomega »

Joan,

Thanks again for your reply.

I tried to attach the files you requested to this message but it keeps failing. So, could you please provide me an email address I can send them to instead?

Todd
goldenomega

Post by goldenomega »

Joan,

I found an email address for you and I sent the info to that email (your hotmail account).

Todd