Expired license???

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
marcr

Expired license???

Post by marcr »

Hello,

Is there an utility which would enable me to obtain the details of the installation of a PDF Document Converter printer? Here is why. Our software Setup installs the PDF Document Converter printer according to the method recommended by you. But, one of our competing also installs a PDF Document Converter printer. When one of our user installs our software, the reports that the software generates are displayed correctly on the screen. On the other hand, if the user installs the software of our competing , when the user displays the same report, we have a message indicating to renew the license because it expired ... I used a software which enables me to take a snapshot before and after the installation of the competing software to try to find what it makes with the installation of our printer but it is really not obvious. Is it possible to have advices which would allow me to diagnose the problem?

Thank you
Marc R.
Marc R.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Re: Expired license???

Post by Joan »

Does you and your competition install the same PDF Printer Name?
Custom Brand the Amyuni PDF Printer Driver http://www.amyuni.com/en/developer/branding/index.html

Amyuni PDF Converter tested for true PDF performance. View results - http://www.amyuni.com/benchmark
marcr

Post by marcr »

Not at all. When I checked the control panel for the installed printers, I only see my printer! But as I specified in my first post, I used a software that takes a snapshot before and after the installation of the competing software. Here is what I found. These two keys and their sub-keys have changed. Here is an exemple:

HKCR\CLSID\{4475F8B9-1316-4853-82E6-C6149A7BA4C3}
HKCR\CLSID\{68B34269-7559-11D3-BBE5-D53DCBD65107}

The value before
C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\CDINTF~1.DLL
The value now
C:\Program Files\Common Files\XXX\cdintf.dll

I replaced the name on my competing with XXX. I opened the XXX directory to see what it contains. Here are the files:

File name Date Version Size
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
acfpdf.drv 2007-07-03 14:51 311 Ko
acfpdf.txt 2007-07-03 14:51 1 Ko
acfpdfu.dll 2007-07-03 14:51 0.3.0.300 414 Ko
acfpdfui.dll 2007-07-03 14:51 0.3.0.300 363 Ko
cdintf.dll 2007-07-03 14:51 3.0.0.0 3112 Ko
InstallPDF.exe 2002-02-12 10:11 116 Ko
InstallPDF3.exe 2007-07-03 14:51 136 Ko

From what I see, I have the impression that they have not used the recommended installation method by you? Or they have simply installed the files in the directory and then create or modify registry keys for the PDF Document Converter to works with their software? Is it Normal to do that ???
Marc R.
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hello,

The PDF Converter does expose a method that will indicate what version of the product is installed on the system. If you determine that it is not the version you installed, you can reinstall the printer or register the cdintf#.dll.

The GetVersionInformation method reports major and minor version of cdintf dll and printer driver files.

Private Sub cmdGetVersionNumber_Click()
Dim CDIntfMajor As Long
Dim CDIntfMinor As Long
Dim PrinterDriverMajor As Long
Dim PrinterDriverMinor As Long
PDF = DriverInit("Amyuni PDF Converter")
If PDF = 0 Then
MsgBox "Cannot initialize PDF printer"
Exit Sub
End If
GetVersionInformation PDF, CDIntfMajor, CDIntfMinor, PrinterDriverMajor, PrinterDriverMinor
MsgBox "Printer Info" & vbNewLine & _
"Major: " & CDIntfMajor & vbNewLine & _
"Minor: " & CDIntfMinor & vbNewLine & _
"PrinterDriverMajor: " & PrinterDriverMajor & vbNewLine & _
"PrinterDriverMinor: " & PrinterDriverMinor
DriverEnd

Hope this helps?
Get PDF Suite, the expert .NET developer toolkit for PDF conversion, creation and editing - www.amyuni.com/pdfsuite