Windows service, server2008 & Vista

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
Theta

Windows service, server2008 & Vista

Post by Theta »

The current context where we use the PDF Printer driver (v3) works correctly within windows xp/server 2003 but doesn't work under the newer operating systems vista/server 2008. The problem is that the application that uses your print driver to print out word/excel/powerpoint/publisher/project/visio/open office documents from within a windows service (as it needs to run on a non-interactive server ala no user session). Has anyone had any experience in using the PDF Converter in this way?? I have also attempted to integrate this windows service into our main web app on server 2008 (iis 7.0) but came across the same barrier where word (for example) would just hang on creation of the new object.

Thank you in advance
Joan
Amyuni Team

Re: Windows service, server2008 & Vista

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Your application allows the users to convert any office document to PDF?

Are you calling EnablePrinter() right before your printing command or when catching the EnablePre() event?

Regards,
Custom Brand the Amyuni PDF Printer Driver http://www.amyuni.com/en/developer/branding/index.html

Amyuni PDF Converter tested for true PDF performance. View results - http://www.amyuni.com/benchmark
Theta

Post by Theta »

Hello,

Most Microsoft office applications are supported except access and outlook. We also support conversion of OpenOffice documents. The EnabledPrinter method is defiantly being called just prior to printing and in fact that our application works without a problem running under server 2003/XP using exactly the same code base. This indicates to me that something has changed within the os itself, of which we will have to compensate for.

Kind regards,
Theta

Post by Theta »

Hello... anything about my original question??? ANYONE used your print driver from either a web app or windows service on windows vista/server 2008?? This is getting very critical!!
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hi,

Before looking at the technical issue, you need to first address the licensing. The standard developer license does not allow a developer to install the PDF Converter in the manner you are describing.

I suggest that you contact support@amyuni.com to discuss how you have implemented to PDF Converter in your application.

Thanks
Jose