Invalid printer name

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
MikeBrungs

Invalid printer name

Post by MikeBrungs »

On Monday we installed the latest RightFax 9.4 software on a Windows 2003 server. Following that install, our PDF Converter (version 3.0) fails to startup. PDFDriverInit() fails with the error message "Invalid Printer Name". If I go into Printers and attempt to add a new printer specifying the Amyuni as the driver, I get an error message "Unable to Install Printer. Operation could not be completed." If I try the same thing but select a different driver, the printer is added successfully. So the problem appears to be Amyuni-specific but we did not have this problem before the install of RightFax 9.4.

So.... it would seem like the install of RightFax 9.4 has made the PDF Converter angry but I am at a loss how to diagnose/debug the situation in an attempt to fix it.

Can anyone tell me of things I can do to gain more information regarding the real cause of the problem ? I'm not even sure
where to look at this point.

Mike Brungs
MedPlus Inc. :?:
Joan
Amyuni Team

Re: Invalid printer name

Post by Joan »

Hello Mike,

Did RightFax install any version of the PDF Converter on your system? Our driver is included in many third party applications and it might be included in RightFax.

After getting the error 'invalid printer name' do you see the PDF Printer installed in the printers folder or not?

Did you try to change the printer name you are providing to PDFDriverInit? ()

Did you try installing the PDF Printer using Install.exe and in your code call DriverInit() ?

Hope this helps
Custom Brand the Amyuni PDF Printer Driver http://www.amyuni.com/en/developer/branding/index.html

Amyuni PDF Converter tested for true PDF performance. View results - http://www.amyuni.com/benchmark