Can't return Driver back to RGB from CMYK

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
scllc2009

Can't return Driver back to RGB from CMYK

Post by scllc2009 »

Using SetImageOptions(), I am unable to return the PDF Converter back to RGB, having successfully set it to CMYK.

I use SetColorProfile() to set the profile to Amyuni.icc and then call SetImageOptions with 0x00000004 to select CMYK. The resultant PDF's are then created correctly in CMYK.

But attempting to set the Driver back to RGB does not work - SetImageOptions( 0 ) appears to do nothing. The only way I can return to RGB is to delete the converter and recreate it.

I noticed in another post that Devteam has suggested creating 'two' Amyuni printers, one with the CMYK profile and one with no profile, as a means of giving the user an option of switching from RGB to CMYK and then back again. Is this currently only way to achieve this functionality?

Also Devteam mentions that one should 'add the color profile only once when installing the printer'. What is the option for install.exe that adds a color profile?''

And why is there an option to switch color profiles using SetColorProfile() if you can only add it once? How would it be possible to say switch from the Amyuni CMYK color profile and Microsoft CMYK color profile?

I am using the developer version 3.03e and my customers rely on CMYK

Thanks!
David
Amyuni Team

Re: Can't return Driver back to RGB from CMYK

Post by David »

Hello

It is recommended to add the color profile only once when installing the printer and yes this requires elevated priviledges. If you need to give the end-user the ability to select between RGB and CMYK then you can create two Amyuni printers, one with a CMYK color profile attached and one with no profile.

It is possible to switch between color profiles but this cannot be done with the Amyuni API but with a Windows API.
After setting a color profile and doing a conversion you can use the Windows API: DisassociateColorProfileFromDevice http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... S.85).aspx to remove the color profile that you set to get the print driver back to its original state.

This call removes the color profile from the “Color Management” tab of the Amyuni printer but still leaves it as Manual as apposed to automatic.

Hope that helps?

David
Amyuni Custom Development
Do you need a specific PDF solution? Are you looking for expertise that will enable you to start or complete a PDF integration project?
http://www.amyuni.com/en/company/services.php