problem with FontEmbedding in the last fix...

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
Maestro

problem with FontEmbedding in the last fix...

Post by Maestro »

Hi,

I use the pdf convereter (printer driver) for a while and it works fine.
I had a problem with the driver on 64 bits OS, so I installed the latest 3.03 in order to have the fix.
The fix works fine, but now I have another problem. When a document has accented characters (like 'à') with some fonts (like Tahoma or Courier New) the PDF give an error when opended with Acrobat reader telling us that it is impossible to extract the incorporated font SMZFXM+Tahoma (where SMZFXM change every time I generate the PDF)!!
Before I installed this latest release, I had no problem.
If I set FontEmbedding = false it works fine.

Any idea why?

Thanks

Benoit
Joan
Amyuni Team

Re: problem with FontEmbedding in the last fix...

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Please try the latest build 3.03f.

Also if these characters are unicode you need to enable Multilanguage option.

Hope this helps.
Custom Brand the Amyuni PDF Printer Driver http://www.amyuni.com/en/developer/branding/index.html

Amyuni PDF Converter tested for true PDF performance. View results - http://www.amyuni.com/benchmark
Maestro

Post by Maestro »

Hi Joan,

thanks for your answer.

Questions:
- Where can I find this version 3.03f? I downloaded the latest relase this morning and I still have the problem. In the versions.txt file there is nothing about the 3.03f. The last update is 3.03e. So, I don't know where I can see 3.03e or 3.03f.
- Also, you talk about the multilanguage options, but before I install the lastest relase of the converter, I never had problems before. Once I have installed the fix, I had this problem!

Benoit
David
Amyuni Team

Post by David »

Hello

This sounds like an issue that occurred with the release of the 3.00 driver and was fixed in the 3.01, 3.02 and 3.03 drivers. Upgrading to the latest 3.03 that is available in the customer login section should have resolved the issue that you are encountering.

Can you send the sample document and the resulting pdf document to support@amyuni.com and we will debug the issue.

David
Amyuni Custom Development
Do you need a specific PDF solution? Are you looking for expertise that will enable you to start or complete a PDF integration project?
http://www.amyuni.com/en/company/services.php
Maestro

Post by Maestro »

Hello,

Any news on that?

Also, I tried to remove the latest release and re install the previous release (the one who works on all other computers) and I still getting the same error. I tried to clean the registry, erase all DLL, delete the printer and it seems to have something stuck somewhere because I still have the same error! Any idea?

thanks

Benoit