Embedding fonts in pdf/a generation

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
geba

Embedding fonts in pdf/a generation

Post by geba »

HI,
i am using your PDF Converter on a word document(Office 2007) that i created with all fonts on my computer. I would like to generate a pdf/a file. With the file generated by amyuni i have verifyed it with adocbe acrobat 9 Pro extended and the result not is conform because they are problems with some fonts.
Than i used SetParamStr for total embedding of that fonts and it works nice.
But i had a problem on font "Lucida Sans Typewriter" : if i add this font i got an error on dll execution.

This is my options for generate pdf/a

Code: Select all

[b]  HPrinter = DriverInit(PdfPrinterName)
    RetEnablePrinter = EnablePrinter(HPrinter, LicenseTo, LicenseKey)
    ret = SetFileNameOptions(HPrinter, NoPrompt + UseFileName + MultilingualSupport + 		EmbedFonts)
    ret = SetPrinterParamStr(HPrinter, "Fonts", "Calibri=2|Consolas=2|Algerian=2|Bauhaus 	93=2|Britannic Bold=2|Constantia=2|Harlow Solid Italic=2|Harrington=2|Lucida 	Bright=2|Playbill=2|Stencil=2|Vivaldi=2|Wide Latin=2")
    SetImageOptions HPrinter, NoDuplicates + Downsample + OutputPDFA8 + XmpMetaData
    SetResolution HPrinter, 600
    ret = SetDefaultFileName(HPrinter, PdfFileName)
    ret = SetDefaultConfig(HPrinter)
    InitializeDriverPDf = HPrinter[/b]
If i use
ret = SetPrinterParamStr(HPrinter, "Fonts","Lucida sans TypeWriter =2")
i got an error.

Can you help me?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Re: Embedding fonts in pdf/a generation

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Which version of the PDF Converter are you using?

I tried converting a document containing the Lucida font to PDF while using PDFA settings and full font embedding and it works properly.

I used the latest version of the of the Converter3 .03e and I used the End User version so I didnt call the SetPrinterParamSTR fuctnion.
Custom Brand the Amyuni PDF Printer Driver http://www.amyuni.com/en/developer/branding/index.html

Amyuni PDF Converter tested for true PDF performance. View results - http://www.amyuni.com/benchmark
geba

Re: Embedding fonts in pdf/a generation

Post by geba »

Thanks Joan,

i am using PDF Suite 3.0 with pdf converter 3.0.3.
I used setparamStr for full embedding of only fonts that caused error.