More concatenation problems

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
Keith

More concatenation problems

Post by Keith »

I am having the exact same problem as outlined by Stefan in this thread here. I posted there as well but have received no reply. This is something I would like to have an answer on as soon as possible as I have two applications waiting on implementing this newer version of the Amyuni PDF Converter.

I just purchased and downloaded version 2.10c last week. I already had code that worked fine with the demo version. Now the live version gives me a PDF file and then puts the remaining printed output in a ".pdf.cat" file.

I am attempting to concatenate several printed items to one PDF for display. The PDF file does not exist initally until the first printed item is output. The first report is output to the PDF and the last is output to the ".pdf.cat" file but all reports in between the first and last are lost.

For example, if I try to print 4 reports into one PDF, report 1 is output to the PDF as it should, report 4 is output to the ".pdf.cat" file, and reports 2 and 3 are missing from the output altogether.

I have tried using both the Concatenate flag and the value 8192 as suggested above. The exact flags I am using are NoPrompt + UseFilename + Concatenate. This worked with the demo and a previous version of the PDF Converter (1.59) we have been using for about 2 years.

This occurs with both the ActiveX interface and the DLL interface. I am using Visual Basic 6.0 on a PC running Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 1.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello Keith,

I tried to check this issue using an application here and I was able to print 3 word documents and concatenate them to the same pdf file using the same method you outlined.

Yes, a .cat file is created, but this file is temporary, it is used by our driver during concatenation and it is deleted from your system as soon as the pdf file is generated.

I get the pdf file with all the exptected pages in it and i didn't face any problem. I am running Windows 2000 and the latest version 2.10c.

To be sure that you are using the latest version of the driver please download it again from: http://www.amyuni.com/downloads/PDF_CONV_210.zip. Please close your application, install the new version and launch your application again.

If you are still facing any problems please contact the Support support@amyuni.com they will check this issue furterhmore.

Hope this helps.
Keith

Post by Keith »

Date and time of the files in the version I downloaded today are the exact
same as the ones I downloaded 3 days ago.

I removed and reinstalled the driver using the lastest download. Still have the same problem. Again, this is the exact same code that worked with the demo version of 2.10 I downloaded about a month ago (files were dated mid March 2003).

I will be sending you a code sample in an email to show exactly what I am doing.