PDF converter 3.02 and .CAT files

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
aatkins2

PDF converter 3.02 and .CAT files

Post by aatkins2 »

I've seen several people on the forum have experienced this issue, but haven't found any solutions. Whenever I try to concatenate another page I end up with a .CAT file instead of a single PDF. I'm using the virtual printer, no homegrown code. I've checked for the existance on CDintf300.dll and it's in the right spots, I've even tried replacing it as described in several posts, no luck.

The problem is happening on XP 64-bit machines, but the PDF printer itself seems to work fine. I even tried putting it on a new port, still getting .CAT files.

Any ideas?

Thanks
aatkins2

Post by aatkins2 »

Based on what I see when I run ProcessMonitor I think the problem is with the VBS script that is used to stitch the two PDF's together, ACF*.tmp. Unfortunatly the file is deleted almost as fast as it's generated so I can't look at it or test further. Any ideas?
David
Amyuni Team

Post by David »

Hello

When concatenating under 64bit systems, the cdintf300.dll that is in the “WINDOWS\SysWOW64” folder is used. You will need to make sure that the cdintf300 in “WINDOWS\SysWOW64” is registered.

Hope that helps?

David
aatkins2

Re: PDF converter 3.02 and .CAT files

Post by aatkins2 »

I have tried manually registering the CDINTF300.dll located in
"WINDOWS\SysWOW64". It seems the pdf.CAT files are now being deleted during the concatenation process, but their content is still not being appended to the existing PDF I specify.
Devteam

Re: PDF converter 3.02 and .CAT files

Post by Devteam »

There are two separate problems causing this issue:
1 - CDINTF300 is registered from the printer driver folder and the system's security settings are not allowing access to this folder. In this case, CDINTF300 should be registered manually from WINDOWS\SysWOW64. We are looking at changing our installer in order to change the registration path of CDINTF.
2 - The script that does the appending is being deleted before it had a chance to run. We have fixed this issue in version 3.03 to be released shortly. Our tech. support can also provide a build if needed.

Amyuni Development Team
http://www.amyuni.com
Visit Amyuni at Microsoft Tech-Ed Developers - Booth 1029
Amyuni Development Team

Efficient and accurate conversion to PDF, XPS, PDF/A and more. Free trials at - https://www.amyuni.com