DriverInit fail on Windows Vista SP1

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
italital

DriverInit fail on Windows Vista SP1

Post by italital »

My application use "Amyuni PDF Converter Rel. 2.51-b" and it work on Windows Vista without SP1.
Using the same application on Windows Vista with SP1 installed, the function "DriverInit" return 0 (zero).

Any suggestion?
Anyone are using "Amyuni PDF Converter" on Vista with SP1 installed?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

As initial suggestions i would say that you need to check that the PDF Printer is installed on the system and it has the same name as what you are providing as parameter for DriverInit().

A second suggestion would be to try our latest version 3.10 on VistaSP1.

I can't tell if there was a bug in 2.51-b under Vista SP1, this is a relatively old version.

If using 3.10 didn't resolve your problem (I suspect it will) or if you wish to know if specifically 2.51-b would work under Vista SP1 or not, i suggest that you open a ticket with our Technical Support Team support@amyuni.com

Hope this helps.
Custom Brand the Amyuni PDF Printer Driver http://www.amyuni.com/en/developer/branding/index.html

Amyuni PDF Converter tested for true PDF performance. View results - http://www.amyuni.com/benchmark
zaksoft

Post by zaksoft »

Joan wrote:Hello,
A second suggestion would be to try our latest version 3.10 on VistaSP1.
Where is version 3.10 ? I own pdf suite but it is still locked at 3.02 from december 2007...
Davide Zaccanti
Devteam

Re: DriverInit fail on Windows Vista SP1

Post by Devteam »

There is a mistake in the post and the version number should be 3.02 which is the latest official release. We have shipped hot fixes to customers after 3.02 but none of these affects Vista installation.

You can get the Vista certified driver from the Microsoft Updates web site or from the Amyuni web site. We haven' t encountered any compatibility issue with Vista SP1, the driver installs and runs fins under this system.

The first thing to start with is making sure that you are calling "DriverInit" with the right printer name as parameter. The printer should already exist in the system at that point. If you are calling PDFDriverInit to install a new printer, there are two conditions for this to work under Vista:
1 - Your application should be run as Administrator.
2 - Your application should contain "Install" or "Setup" as part of the name otherwise Vista refuses to register any DLL.

In short, under Vista it is highly recommended that the PDF printer be installed as part of your application's installation rather than by calling PDFDriverInit.
Amyuni Development Team

Efficient and accurate conversion to PDF, XPS, PDF/A and more. Free trials at - https://www.amyuni.com