Problems on 64-bits XP

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
stig

Problems on 64-bits XP

Post by stig »

Hello,

I have a problem installing the PDF converter on 64-bits Windows XP. Here's how we normally do our installation (on 32-bits systems):

1. Included cdintf250.dll with our application (samme folder as exe-file)
2. Installed the PDF printer with 'install -s "Pro_M PDF"'
3. Using these functions during operation: DriverInit(), SetDefaultFileName(), SetFileNameOptions(), EnablePrinter(), SetOrientation(), SetDefaultPrinter(), RestoreDefaultPrinter(), DriverEnd()

This has worked just fine uptil now. One of our customer uses XP 64-bits and we were told by Amyuni that our 2.5 version needed upgrading. We therefore tried to install version 3.02 with this client:

1. Removed old 2.5-printer and installed 3.02-printer with 'install -s "Pro_M PDF"'
2. Copied the cdintf300.dll genereated in the printer installation to where the old cdintf250.dll resided and renamed it to cdintf250.dll
3. Changed the license code to the new license code
4. The code in our program stayed the same as above.

This didn't worked. There was no error messages, just the program hanging when it tried to write to the printer. Do you have any clues about what we're doing wrong. Some extra info that might be interesting:

1. Our programs resides on a network drive (I:\). So both our exe-file and the cdintf250.dll can be found there. To be sure that this was the cdintf250.dll that was used by the client I tried to remove it, but then our program failed completely. Could it be a problem that the client uses the cdintf250.dll that is found on the network drive?
2. Does all the acf*.dll files has anything to do with it? To be sure I copied all of them to our program directory (I:\)
3. Is there a special setup needed for installation of the printer (we're using 'install -s .....')

Sort of a long message, but I'm thankful if any of you have a hunch about what could be the problem here.

Breg
Stig
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Did you change the printer port?

If not, please create a new port on your 64-bits machine and attach the printer to it.

This should help.
Custom Brand the Amyuni PDF Printer Driver http://www.amyuni.com/en/developer/branding/index.html

Amyuni PDF Converter tested for true PDF performance. View results - http://www.amyuni.com/benchmark
stig

Still have problems

Post by stig »

I changed the printer port to a port called prom. This port was set up to be a local port. This didn't help, I still have the same problems as before.

Do you have any clue about what else might be the problem?
David
Amyuni Team

Post by David »

Hello

Below are a few things that you need to check

1) One of the fundamental requirements of the PDF Converter is that, in order to install the PDF Converter on all versions of windows, the logged in user must have Admin privileges on the PC. This is the case when using install.exe or PDFDriverInit().

Are you logged as an Administrator when installing the printer?

2) On 64bit systems, we have found that for the PDF Converter to function correctly you need to create and attach the printer to a custom local port.
You need to install as in step 1 above and then create a local port and attach the printer to that port.
This step needs only to be done once by the administrator.

3) In version 3, the cdintf.dll is copied to the windows\system32 and renamed to cdintf300.dll
You mentioned that you are renaming this file to cdintf250.dll, this is not correct. It should be named cdintf300.dll

4) Does the user have read\write access to the folder that you are creating the file?

Hope that helps?