printer not activated-error code 41

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
robert walters

printer not activated-error code 41

Post by robert walters »

All,
This seems to be a recurring issue with Amyuni products. I get the message
"printer not activated-error code 41" when I try to save as pdf. I might add that this product was embedded in Statistica 7.1. Statsoft has been quite unhelpful in resolving the issue. Can anyone advise me concerning how to activate the converter? The software did not ship with an activation code (as far as I know). The Amyuni converter installed is v. 2.50. When I go into printer>STATISTICAPDF>properties>about>license the dialog box shows licensed to: and activation code: but both boxes are empty.

Thanks.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

The version of the PDF Converter available in Statistica is a special version that can be used only from inside your application.

Are you getting this error when generating PDF from inside Statistica?

Error code -41 means that you are trying to activate a new version of the PDF Converter with an activation key of the previous version.

The activation code doesn't ship with Statisca, this is confidential for the application developper. And if you are using the Converter from inside Statistica you will not need this code.

Please give us further information to be able to help you.
Custom Brand the Amyuni PDF Printer Driver http://www.amyuni.com/en/developer/branding/index.html

Amyuni PDF Converter tested for true PDF performance. View results - http://www.amyuni.com/benchmark
robert walters

Post by robert walters »

Joan,
Thank you for the reply. There are several options for generating pdf files from within statistica. The two menu options are File>Save as; and Workbook>save item as; and a toolbar option via a pdf icon.
All of these options generate the same error message.

Oddly, I found an executable file 'Installpdf.exe' in my Program files/Statsoft/Statistica directory. When I ran this program it installed drivers for Amyuni pdf converter; I now have two instances of pdf drivers 'statisticapdf' and 'Amyuni pdf converter'. However, the problem remains.

FYI, prior to running 'Installpdf' above, I uninstalled and reinstalled statistica thinking that would cure the problem. The fresh install behaved the same way.

My OS is Windows XP SP2. The computer is a Dell Optiplex 745 duo-core.
My computer is client to the departmental server. I have administrative privileges to install/unistall software, drivers, updates.

I'm perplexed. Any insights or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

It seems you have two versions of the PDF Converter on your system. One installed by Statistica and one installed by another application.

These two versions have different activation codes. This is causing the problem.

I will check what is the solution in this case.
Custom Brand the Amyuni PDF Printer Driver http://www.amyuni.com/en/developer/branding/index.html

Amyuni PDF Converter tested for true PDF performance. View results - http://www.amyuni.com/benchmark
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hello Robert,

I like to point out a couple of things that will maybe give you a clearer picture of what you are encountering.

1- The “licensed to:” and “activation code:” input boxes in the “STATISTICAPDF>properties>about>license” dialog box are only used for entering licensing information. You will not be able to retrieve licensing information from these input boxes.

2- The 'Installpdf.exe' you ran sounds like it is a renamed version of our install.exe. Our install.exe by default will install a printer called “Amyuni PDF Converter”. Based on your comments is looks like STATISTICA is calling the 'Installpdf.exe' to install the printer but they are also setting a customer printer name.

3- As mentioned by Joan, the “error code -41” is typically caused trying to activate the PDF Converter with an incorrect activation code. This process of activating the printer before each print job is done internally by the printing application (STATISTICA). Unfortunately there is no way for you to force this activation process.

Hope this helps?
robert walters

Post by robert walters »

Jose:
I think you're right on pt. #2. I *hope* you're wrong on pt #3!

Joan:
If there is another version of amyuni pdf converter on my machine, I'm unaware of it.
SAS, MS Office 2007, and Adobe Acrobat are the only applications capable
of pdf output I can think of. I'll check my machine again Monday.