Error Code 183 on Install

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
LrdElder

Error Code 183 on Install

Post by LrdElder »

I have only found a couple of other posts on this and I have tried both of those suggestions as well as some other things. I am getting an error code 183 on install. The install.log files looks something like ...

Windows 2000/XP Install
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Installing PDF printer Driver
Error Code: 183
Cannot Create a file when that file already exists.
Installing PDF Printer
Error Code: 1797
The Printer driver is unknown
Printer setup failed
Error Code: 1797
The printer driver is unknown.

I searched the harddrive and deleted cdint*.* and acfpdf*.* anywhere I could find them. The machine has HP Printers and Quickbooks installed as well which also uses an older version of the Amyuni drivers. I have gone through and deleted those printers which use the version 250 files ( we are using the version 270 files ). I have also gone through and deleted all of the printer driver files associated with those printers but I am still getting this error message when I try to install the drivers. I can stop and restart the spooler service normally so I don't think it's bad driver files. Any ideas on how to fix this?