Install Problem

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
mb

Install Problem

Post by mb »

I have the Developer demo version of the PDF Converter installed on my machine. I wrote a sample application in VB6, and it was working great until I accidentally ran the install.exe (a second time) that comes with the download. Now I can't get anything to work. I have tried reinstalling like the directions say, but nothing seems to work. I do not get any error messages when calling the product from my application. It just does not create the PDF file. Before the re-install I was able to set the print driver as the default on the machine and print/convert to PDF from any windows application (as well as use it from my sample app). Now all the print jobs seem to be going into a black hole. I also noticed that prior to the re-install the properties window of the print driver had five or six tabs after entering the username and password for the demo license. Now it only has a single tab labeled "Configuration".

Any suggestions on getting things working again?

Thanks!
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

I guess you are mixing a little bit between the different editions of the PDF Converter.

The Developer edition doesn't have a user interface, it doesn't have 5 tabs and it doesn't enable you to generate pdf files from any application other than your own.

It is the End User edition of the PDF Converter that has a user interface and enables you to generate pdf files from Windows applications directly.

I guess that you had the End User edition of the driver and than when running Intall.exe you installed the Developer edition.

If you downloaded version 2.1 than please check that you are calling EnablePrinter from inside your application with the License To and Activation code you received with the download.

If you are still having problems please send an e-mail to support@amyuni.com , please include your License To and Activation Code along with a snippet of your code so they can check it.

Have a nice day !