On EndDocPost, Launch An Application

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
marmot4

On EndDocPost, Launch An Application

Post by marmot4 »

Looking through your API I see that you support sending a message to an already running application on EndDocPost (or even to every running application).

My requirement is slightly different from this though. I would like your print driver to execute an application of my choosing at EndDocPost and tell that application where the PDF output file was saved.

I'm attempting to create an application which will respond to the user generating PDF files through the print driver and handle the storage of the resulting PDF for them. I will require some user input for this, so I want to be able to display a UI automatically when the user prints to PDF. I also have no guarantee that the user will have my application open when they print.

Is there anyway to accomplish this with your PDF Converter?

Thanks,
Kevin Berridge
David
Amyuni Team

Post by David »

Hello,

We suggest that you implement our PostProcessing option in order to retrieve the notification of when the PDF Converter has finished printing. When implemented the PostProcess option will execute an exe when the PDF file has finished being generated. This exe file can either be a custom or an existing application. Your exe can retrieve the information of the just finished file and which the user initiated to print process.

Below is a code snippet that illustrates this.

Const NOPROMPT = &H1& 'do not prompt for file name
Const USEFILENAME = &H2& 'use file name set by SetDefaultFileName else use document name

Const PostProcessing = &H10000 ' post process file using specified application

pdf.PrinterParamStr("PostProcessing") = "C:\Program Files\sample.exe"
pdf.FileNameOptionsEx = NOPROMPT + USEFILENAME + PostProcessing

Also, Please note that the Developer's license does not allow for the printer to be installed as a general printer driver to allow user's to print from any application on their system.