BatchConvert

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
jameslast

BatchConvert

Post by jameslast »

Hello,

the Batchconvert-function is very nice if one does not want to automate a lot of applications.

What i am wondering about it the timeout. I tried this once, but the batchconvert never came back. the documentation says something about 2 minutes.

I am using the version 2.1 of pdf converter.

perhaps you can check this before releaseing version 3, or even letting the user select the default-timeout. That would be great!

Thank you!
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hello,

The BatchConvert() function basically mimics the Window's API ShellExecute() function. Based on the file extension of the document you are trying to print, the function opens the associated application and prints to the default printer.

In the case where the BatchConvert() function does not return, I suspect that the function is unable to process the file sent to it.

Check that all the file extensions of the files you are trying to print have an application associated with them.

In reference to your other comment, the developer version of the PDF Converter has a built 20 second time-out period. This time-out period is not configurable.

Hope this helps?