corrupt pdf being created

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
ddnwolff

corrupt pdf being created

Post by ddnwolff »

We have the following product - Amyuni pdf converter with a corp site license.

We are having an issue with a small number of users, that some of the pdf's that they create show up as blank pages. It seems that most if not all of them are created when they are bing printed from inside of our email client, thunderbird. If I view the pdf document in text file viewer there is information in the file but when I try to open the document in the pdf viewer it shows up as a blank page. The last several users that I have looked at have an HP officejet 6110 installed.

I recently tried to install version 2.5g on there pc/laptops and I recieved several errors during the install. If I shutdown the hp printer software that was running in the task bar it installed fine. Are there any issues with HP printer software and your program.

Here is a list of the print options that are set on the pc/laptops

configuration
Resolution 150dpi

image compression
color image compression jpeg
jpeg level 7

advanced options
page content compression
multi-language support
font embedding
partial fonts
embed std fonts

Destination
file system
prompt for filename
all users desktop
overwrite without asking
do not print

all other tabs are default options

Any ideas as to what I can try to fix this issue. It has resulted in alot of corupt/unreadable data being uploaded to our servers for storage in the clients claim files so this is a big problem for us.

Thanks

Dan
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

We have found that some “HP Printer Drivers" restrict access to a file which we need to over write during our installation process. The solution to this issue is to stop the "HPZTSB0#.EXE" process in the task manager or the HP Printer Assistant.

Note: The # in "HPZTSB0#.EXE" can be 5, 7 or 9

I suggest that you install our latest version 2.51-b instead of 2.50g on the PCs that are generating the empty pdf files.

Hope this helps.
ddnwolff

Post by ddnwolff »

We have installed version 2.51b on a couple of our biggest problem areas and have had different problems. One problem is that the pdf file is a really small blank page. The only way to even see the whole page is to zoom to 6500%. And the other is that the font in the created pdf was enlarged so much that it took a 1 page document and made it into a 3 page pdf document. I can provide copies of the created pdfs but I don't have the original documents as they were email messages. Our email client is Thunderbird 1.5.0.5 Any suggestions will be appreciated

Thanks

Dan
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

I don't see the results you are get as outputs of version 2.51b, the very small pdf document was an old issue that is solved in current versions.

I suggest that you contact support@amyuni.com and our engineers will be able to help you with this.