Events when re-arranging pages

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
charlesd

Events when re-arranging pages

Post by charlesd »

Our application has both the thumbnail control and the PDFCreactiveX control. Is there a simple way to know when the user has re-arranged the pages of the current document using the thumbnail control?
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hello,

You will need to handle the "ThumbActivated" event fired by the acThumbnail control.

Example:

Private Sub THUMBS_ThumbActivated(ByVal page As Long, Continue As Long)
PDF.CurrentPage = page
End Sub

Hope this helps?
charlesd

Post by charlesd »

I am already handling the ThumbActivated event. It does not appear to give the information I am looking for. As far as I understand the ThumbActivated event is fired when the user clicks on a pdf thumbnail image. That doesn't help me know if and when the user drags said thumbnail to a new location thereby re-arranging the order of the pages of the document.

Is there any way to know when the user has re-arranged the pages of the current document using the thumbnail control?
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hello,

The answer I'm afraid is no. There isn't a way to know whether the pages have been rearranged via the Thumbnail control. Currently the Thumbnail control only fires two events, the ThumbActivated event and the DeleteSelectedPages event which the user can catch and handle in the hosting application.

Thanks