Error Code: 2 - When trying to create printer

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
epikto

Error Code: 2 - When trying to create printer

Post by epikto »

I have a user who gets the following when trying to create amyuni printer (install.log information follows):

-----------------------------------------------------
PDF Writer
Copying and registering ActiveX file
Error Code: 2
The system cannot find the file specified.
Installing printer driver
Installing printer
Error Code: 1801
The printer name is invalid.
Installing Licensing Information
Error Code: 6
The handle is invalid.
Printer setup failed
Error Code: 6
The handle is invalid.

What can cause this type of problem. I believe that i'm using the 2.10 driver and I have many other users who operate with out a problem. The driver files are not registered because they all exist in the program folder of the software. I have verified that all files are present. The printer creation string is hardcoded into the software and it works for most others so I know that the installation string is correct in it's syntax.

What gives with this situation? I appreciate any feed back. Let me know what I need to get you and I will.

Thank you.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Error Code 2: The system cannot find the file specified

Source 1: The specified file is not in the same directory as Install.exe or it is marked as Read Only.
Resolution: Check that the specified file is in the same directory as Install.exe and that it is not marked as Read Only.

Source 2: The "Error Code: 2" indicated in the install.log file typically occurs when certain “HP Printer Drivers" are installed on the system. We have found that some “HP Printer Drivers" restrict access to a file we need to over write during our installation process. This situation will only occur with version 2.10x of the PDF Converter.
Resolution: look in your system's task manager for a process called "HPZTSB0#.EXE".
If you find this processes running, end the process and try re-installing your driver.
verify that you don't have HP's printer assistant running? This too will cause this situation
epikto

well didn't work

Post by epikto »

The good news is that he had that file running as a process.

The bad thing is that killing the process uninstaling the software, cold booting the computer none of these addressed the problem.

it still stands.. I was able to verify that all the files necessary to be there were there. Would there be a way that another version is interfering with this one?

or how bout you field the suggestions and i'll try em.

Thank you for your assistance.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

The probability of having another version of the PDF Converter interfering with the one you are installing at install time is very low because you should be running Install.exe from a folder containing only the files of the version you are trying to install.

Did you check if you have HP printer assistant running?
epikto

Post by epikto »

Yes he did have the printer assistant running. So I had him shut it down.

It didn't work.

I had him kill the processes associated with it... It didn't work.

I had him uninstall all hp software (including printers) from off his machine... unfortuantely it did not work either.

What could it be? Thank you.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

What about contacting Technical Support support@amyuni.com ? :-)
epikto

Post by epikto »

Heh. I'll give it a try.

Thanks. :)